Chapter 11: Tears He Doesn't Deserve

Kyra's POV

Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul.

Our honeymoon was something that changed my life, something that gave me a little bit of hope that maybe this marriage wouldn't be as horrible as it appeared when we started off.

After all, they say, bad beginnings make good endings.

Being back in New York after an eventful getaway to Seychelles was something that saddened me a lot but we had to come back home at some point.

After a few logical calculations,I concluded that Jayden Montero and I had basically built the foundation of our relationship in Seychelles.

There was progress in our relationship and maybe being alone together had helped us to go towards sailing in the same boat.

I couldn't exactly tell if everything was permanent in terms of his mood and everything towards me but I had faith that he now at least considered me a human being.

I had woken up quite early in the morning to shower up and dress myself up after landing in New York the previous day in the afternoon.

I was really looking forward to getting oriented by Jayden regarding charity. Him orienting me meant that I had the opportunity to talk to him more so I had to jump onto the opportunity.

I loved talking to him although I had to be cautious with my words at all times. I put in all my effort to make sure I wasn't being too annoying or too nosy.

I was currently in the kitchen making him breakfast. During our honeymoon I realised he did all the cooking and I had never cooked a meal he got to eat.

I was really into cooking and I wanted him to taste my food and love it. I wanted him to know I wasn't useless.

Although it was eight in the morning, there was silence in the house and I couldn't even see a single soul.

I had definitely heard some sounds coming from Jayden's bedroom though and some of the bedrooms upstairs. I knew I was definitely not alone.

I wholeheartedly made bacon, eggs and cheese sandwiches. I made sure to make everything with a lot of love as a small token of appreciation for all the fun I had on our honeymoon.

We did have our differences but we had also shared some memories that were unforgettable to me and I'd cherish them for life.

I made a cup of coffee as well as hot chocolate just in case he wasn't in the mood for coffee.

Initially I had planned on setting the table but I later decided on carrying the breakfast to his bedroom. I thought some breakfast in bed would be really heartwarming.

I didn't want him to misunderstand me though. It was just a gesture of being nice not being wife material.

I put the breakfast on a tray and made my way to his bedroom. I had never entered his bedroom before but I knew it had to be crazy cool because his taste in everything I knew of so far was perfect.

His mansion was quite big. One could easily get lost. It had been already a month since we got married but I still didn't know many rooms in this big mansion.

I held the tray in one hand making sure it wouldn't fall and gently knocked at his door. I kinda wished we still shared a bedroom though because waking up to see his face gave me the best feeling in the whole world.

The door was opened after a few knocks but I was puzzled after a young lady I had definitely never seen before opened the door.

She looked around my age or slightly younger. All wild thoughts ran in my mind when I saw her but then when I assessed her clothing I realised maybe there was no reason to worry.