Ch 1

*For full effect listen to the song until 1:08 as you read the bold prologue*

Gotham City

Multiple shots across the city. Murals and memorials dedicated to Batman. Some about his true identity, Bruce Wayne. Gotham City is different, still in mourning from the tragic incident.

Gotham Demands Justice

Bruce Wayne was Gotham

Long Live The Bat

(Multiple News Outlets)

"It's been three months since billionaire Bruce Wayne's passing who we then discovered was the infamous Batman-"

"Gotham City hasn't been the same since losing the mysterious vigilante The Batman who was then unmasked as Bruce Wayne-"

"Charitable billionaire by day, hero by night. Bruce Wayne has not been forgotten after being killed-"

"Wayne Enterprises take a critical hit in stock since the passing of Bruce Wayne-"

"Gotham City's civilians are demanding justice for Batman-"

"The infamous criminal The Joker was found dead in the middle of the night-"

"After three months of Batman being gone, The Joker is killed-"

"Who killed The Joker? Are they Gotham's new protector or are they someone worse who killed off the competition?-"

~

I look down below at the city, specifically at the memorial Batman statue that was placed in front of Wayne Enterprises

I look down below at the city, specifically at the memorial Batman statue that was placed in front of Wayne Enterprises. Taking a sip of my whiskey from my short glass in my left hand feeling the liquor burn my throat with a hiss as my right hand is rolling a ring between my fingers.