»10«

| The lone fox |

The raven-haired fox grunts while he carries the human into a small abandon shack. The ice-cool raindrops on her pale skin sparkle in the faint moonlight. She looks peaceful despite the extreme contrast of the wine red bloodstains on her grey cloth. Her short breaths are steady, yet very weak. Suna places the dying girl on the floor next to the small frozen fireplace. Suna runs his hands through his chaotic hair and sighs with worry. 

"Don't you die on me now," said Suna, "I can't survive Kita again."

Of course, (y/n) is not listening to him as she is to busy fighting for her life at the moment. Suna takes a seat next to her and moves closer to inspect to her wound. Her wound has stopped to bleed. Suna rises from his seat and marches across the small room, shoving various things into his arms. He starts to chew some leaf and throws rice alongside spices into a bowl. Suna mashes the chew up leaf into the bowl, and a paste starts to form. He pressed the warm paste into (y/n) wounds and a few whimpers escape her dry mouth. And suddenly, while Suna's fingers are still inside her throat, (y/n) eyes shut open. Suna shrieks and falls back onto his arse. 

"Holy shit," screams Suna, "don't scare me like that!"

(y/n) has no idea where she is. She tries to form mouths but immediately stops when the taste of blood collides with her tongue. 

"Oh, no! Don't try to talk! Give your wound some time to recover."

(y/n) stares at Suna in disbelief. He spoke more words to her in the last fifteen seconds than he ever did. Suna notices the shock in her eyes and shrugs his shoulders. With his luck, she will not remember this. (y/n) feels how a welcoming wave of calmness. Suddenly, her eyelids fell, and a soft snoring noise fills the room. 

"Fuck," Suna sighs, "how the bloody hell am I suppose to fix this?"

When (y/n) opens her eyes the next morning, the sunshine right into her face. She turns her head and takes in her surroundings. She lays in a rusty old shack that seems as if rats are its constant resident. She pushed herself up and made her way towards the open door. There is no sight of Suna or anyone else. Outside she is hit by the beautiful scenery of the woods of Dogo. The old, yellow and brown leaves hustle in the wind, as the sounds of dead, weak trees, creak at every push the wind gave. It's the end of fall, and the air is colder than an ice cube, as it climbs through to the bottom of my spine. Most of the leaves are already gone. And the sight of every living thing coming to an end depresses (y/n). 

"Finally awake?" 

A soft voice calls out to her from the woods. Suna leans against a tree, watching (y/n) with hungry eyes. Only now the memories of the attack fill her brain again and her hand shots to her throat. There is no cloth around her neck, and the skin feels fresh and clean. Almost as if it is new. 

"How?" Her voice is dry. 

"Why were you in the woods last night?"

"I was attacked by this thing...what – what was it?"

"Why were you in the woods? Did someone send you to get something to me? (y/n) focus!"

"What no, no. I – I just wanted to walk around."

"So you walk into the mountains? Why?"

"Why not?"

"Don't you know anything about this place?" Suna suddenly snapped. 

"No," replied (y/n), "everyone is too busy finding out why there are more attacks on the island since..."

Suna's eyes are glued to hers. (y/n) feel strange almost as if she is supposed to know something but can't remember. The fox notices her the small change of her expression and sighs. 

"You know why they are here," he hissed. 

(y/n) froze. Does she know? Suna is suddenly in front of her, and his nose brushes against hers. Taken back by their closeness (y/n) holds her breath and stares in Suna's furious eyes. She likes the colour. 

"They're after you, aren't they?"

"What?"

"I told them that humans bring bad luck! Especially women who are running! Let's go!"

Suna seizes her hand at once and begins to drag her through the mountains. (y/n) whimpers from the pain but Suna doesn't care. He could never care about another human again after everything she had done to him. 

I'm sort of back, guys. Sorry for the short chapter and please give me more time for this story. Thank you!