Chapter 33: Mates

previously...

The women walked up towards Felix before grasping his hands within her own. "It's nice to meet you." She had a smile on her face which reached from cheek to cheek. "I'm Jason's mom, Amelia."

Felix instantly sat up in his seat.

He seemed nervous.

It's been so long since he's talked to a parent; he didn't know how to act. He just stared at Jason's mum.

The room was quiet for a while until Felix realised the silence.

He instantly thought of something to say.

"Hello, Mrs. stone." The words blurted out of his mouth and in no time the room was filled with laughter.

Felix wasn't sure why he was so nervous. It wasn't like Jason and him were getting married or something. For now, he decided to just go by the flow.

The heaviness in his heart from when Jason left was lifted.

Once he was free, he was tired of forcing himself to feel angry and hurt when all he really wanted to do was just embrace Jason.

"You don't need to call me that. Call me Amelia." The idle aged woman said to Felix.

Felix nodded with a smile.

"I'm sorry you had to meet me like this...Amelia." He said looking down.

He felt embarrassed. He was in the hospital, this of all places was the worst place to meet Jason's mum. Jason sat on the bed, his hand covering Felix's in comfort. Felix looked up at him with a trace of a smile on his face.

He couldn't help but feel just a little bit better.

That afternoon the three of them had a short yet enlightening chat before Felix was allowed to be discharged. Jason told Felix, "you're coming to my house. Let me look after you. I owe you this much." Felix didn't argue.

He didn't want to.

He went along with Jason to his home and once he was there, he ended up falling asleep straight away on the bed.

A few hours passed and Jason went to answer the door. Felix was still asleep and finally having him back into his arms was just a breath of fresh air for him.

He also felt like a weight had been lifted off his chest. He opened the door and saw his mother in the doorway.

"Colbi told me where you live. I hope you don't mind." she said.

Peeping into the house.

Jason shook his head, opening the door wider for his mum to come in. Mrs. Stone slowly stepped over the threshold finding herself the couch to sit on. She patted the space next to the couch looking up at her son.

"I want to tell you something." she said.

Jason wasn't sure whether it was a good thing or not.

Only seeing his mum after so long made him think of her more unpredictable and wild. Jason slowly went towards the space on the couch before plopping himself down. He looked at his mum who seemed to stare into his eyes. she seemed to be in a daze. All these years. She thought. She didn't know how she could leave in the first place and sometimes she regretted not keeping everyone in the loop.

But what was done was done.

Her hand shot out and began stroking her son's hair tucking a strand behind his ear.

"You grew up to be quite handsome didn't you." She said.

Her eyes lowered in sadness thinking about his father. Jason sensed this and decided to comfort her.

"Father is not angry at you by the way." Mrs. Stone let out a small smile. "It's ok. That's not what I wanted to talk about. I want you to..." She hesitated a while before continuing her sentence. "I want you to become the alpha of the pack"

Jason was shocked. He'd never thought wolves existed a few years ago, let alone him being an alpha. His mother carried on talking justifying her answer.

"you don't have to answer now but seeing you fight for your mate. I really saw the alpha attributes within you." Jason tilted his head in confusion,

"mate?"

Mrs. Stone was surprised he didn't know what that was.

"What did your uncle even teach you."

"He only really taught me about the fighting and strength aspects of being a wolf. He never talked about relationships."

Mrs stone nodded her head in understating.

No wonder. She thought. "A mate is your soulmate. Every wolf has one however some are lucky enough to find theirs. With a mate there's a connection stronger than anything and an inseparable bond. Like me and your father."

Jason nodded his head in understanding.

He was fairly sure he's heard that term from his wolf, Ace.

He'd always wondered what it meant.

Now he knew, the meaning was so perfect. He really felt that Felix was his soulmate. He had no doubt in his mind that Felix was his mate.

"Tell me more." Jason asked. His mum looked at him before chuckling a bit. "there's actually not much to know. Only to really become mates you need to complete the bond."

Mrs. Stone read Jason's expression before remembering he wouldn't know anything about that.

"And how do we do that?" Jason asked as expected.

"By mating of course." She said.

Her eyebrows were raised in a mischievous way. Jason looked away in embarrassment getting up in order to distance himself from his mother. This was a topic he'd never even bring 10 miles close to his mother. He knew he couldn't handle the awkwardness.

He didn't have to.

from Jason's bedroom the two could hear some shuffling. Mrs. Stone took this as her cue to leave.

"Felix is awake. I'm going to go check on him. "Jason said walking towards his bedroom. He saw his mum standing up from her seat.

"That's ok I was leaving anyway. I need to... talk to your father."

Jason nodded bidding his goodbyes when he entered his room, he saw Felix struggling to stand up on his two feet.

He was shaking.

Jason immediately rushed to his side instantly laying him down on the bed. "you shouldn't move. Tell me whatever you want. I'll get it for you." He said his face filled with worry as he looked at the man who was now upon his sheets.

Felix was grateful.

He didn't know how to thank Jason for what he was doing but he felt he didn't need to. Jason owed him. And this was simply him doing what he owed. However, this didn't stop all kinds of thoughts flittering into his mind. He was awake long enough to hear what his mother had said.

He believed everything she said including about the mating,

His cheeks would heat up every time his mind wandered back to it.

could I really do that?

A/N: // umm...no your eyes did not deceive you. I uploaded three chapter this week. All late 👉👈. But yh...enjoy 😊 //