16

in the following fresh week, eunha came to school early to avoid the crowd. she made her way straight to her locker before heading to her homeroom, sitting at her spot.

around half an hour later, her classmates starts filling in the room. soon enough, the dreamies also entered the room.

each of them were surprised. after almost a week of her absence in school, they were glad to see her well.

"hey, eunha. it's great to see you back." said seolhyun, giving a pat on eunha's back.

eunha returned a weak smile as she replied, "i'm sorry i've been missing. i was unwell."

"that's fine. we're glad to know you've recovered." said renjun, as then the group of bullies entered their class.

"aww look, the princess of the dreamies are back!" said haerin. "did you have a good rest, sweetheart? i wonder what you're going to do with your life. a week in a new school and you took a week off, already? i'm excited to see if you'll even graduate."

"leave her alone, haerin. your life isn't well enough to talk about someone else's life." jaemin said as he stood up, blocking eunha from haerin's view.

"are you sure about that? i'm sure i live a better life than you." whispered haerin to jaemin, earning a glare from jaemin and the rest of the dreamies.

haerin then left the room with five pair of eyes glaring at her.

"good morning, students." greeted their homeroom teacher, making everyone go back to their seats in an instant. after taking their attendance, their teacher made an announcement, "i received a letter from miss kim and it's regarding the recruitment of student councils. so to the students whose names are listed, do note that you will have an assessment activity at the end of this week."

"hey," called jeno with a soft voice as he lightly tapped eunha on her shoulder.

eunha turned around with a hum and jeno continued, "you're still interested to join, right? i can get you in the list." 

with a weak smile, eunha replied, "it's fine, jeno. i don't think i'm good enough to join the student councils. plus, it's unfair for the other students."

"are you sure?" asked jeno once again and eunha nodded. just then, the teacher left the homeroom and everyone proceeded to their own classes.

as the '00 dreamies left their class, they were greeted by mark, who was waiting for them outside their class.

"hey, hyung!" greeted donghyuck as he gave mark a fist bump.

"morning, guys." mark greeted back.

"what's up, hyung?" asked jeno.

"i'm here to fetch eunha." he said as his eyes then met eunha's, "miss kim wants to meet you."

"i'll see you guys later," said eunha as she made her way next to mark.

the two walked ahead of the rest of them, making their way straight to miss kim's office.

"are you feeling better now?" asked mark as the two walk side by side.

with a weak smile, she hummed in response to his question.

"hey," called mark just as the two arrived in front of miss kim's office. he lightly pulled the sleeves of eunha's uniform to grab her attention.

"yes, mark?" she replied.

"i have no idea what miss kim is going to talk about. but if you're uncomfortable on opening up, don't force yourself, okay?" said mark as his eyes emoted a caring look.