(8) Quirk Apprehension Test

Y/N

I grinned at Dad, already knowing what was to come.

"W-wait! What about orientation?" I heard Uraraka ask.

"I'm sure you've all been well informed of the freedom on campus tied to the school's reputation. Well, that freedom goes for us teachers too. I'm sure you all did the standard physically tests back in middle school, where you were banned from using your quirks at the time. The country still hasn't gotten around to standardizing those records or keeping track of average performance levels. I find that negligent on their part. Bakugou. How far could you pitch a softball in middle school?"

"67 metres."

'Dang.. that's far!'

"Try using your quirk now. Anything goes, as long as you don't step out of the circle," he instructs, before backing up.

"DIEEEEEE," Bakugou screams, sending the ball flying into the air with an explosion.

'Was that.. necessary?' I thought, sweat dropping with the rest of the class.

"Before anything else, you guys need to learn about your capabilities," he states, before turning the device in his hand to face us.

'705.2?!'

"705 metres? That's far!!"

"That looks like fun!"

"We get to use our quirks in the hero department? Awesome!"

A bunch my classmates seemed to already have gotten riled up, whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, I wasn't sure. Anyways, Dad started lecturing them about how they'd only have 3 years here at UA, finishing it off by stating whoever ended the day with the lowest score would be expelled.

'Oh? It's been a while since he's done that,' I thought, getting more excited than I was before.

And then it started!

50 Metre Dash

(Second Person)

You didn't feel like pulling out my wings, and besides, they'd probably take up too much space on the track anyway. Instead, you planned to boost myself forwards with Orange Flame from my palms, while glowing up your legs with Yellow Flame.

You were going up against the guy you saved during the exam.

"Hey Kaminari!" You exclaim as you were setting up, smiling.

"Oh hey there, Y/N right?"

You giggle, "Yep, that's me!"

"Did it hurt?" He asked, somewhat flirtatiously.

"Um.. Kaminari, you're the one who probably got hurt more than me that day, haha"

His cheeks flushed before continuing, "No, I meant.. when you fell from heaven. 'Cause you're an angel.."

"Ah? Oh no-! The wings you saw earlier were part of my quirk, silly!"

The class sweat dropped at your obliviousness, but your dad was glaring daggers and Kaminari. And then it was time to start.

Glowing up, you sprint through the line. Kaminari wasn't using his quirk, since electrification wouldn't have helped him anyway.

'3.06 seconds'

'10.28 seconds'

You pumped a fist, "Yessss!! That's a new record for my legs!" As Kaminari crosses the line behind you.

"Wow.. Y/N, you're fast!" He tells you.

"Mr. Kaminari.." Mr. Aizawa says menacingly, "Do. Not. Flirt. With. My. Daughter."