Chapter 22- Chase

I show up to Jordan's house freshly showered after basketball practice, without Levi. He said he'll be 'coming later' because he apparently needs to tell his parents something. I tried to ask why he couldn't just text them, but he 'didn't hear me'.

Nate appears at the side gate before I can get to the front door to knock. "Hey, Chase. We're in the back yard."

I follow him into the back yard, trying not to smirk when he almost immediately asks, "Where's Levi?"

"Said he had to go home for something. He'll be here in a bit."

Nate nods, and I smirk a little.

But then I see Jordan, and I force my face to fall. He stares at me, looking a little disappointed at my change in expression. I hold his gaze unflinchingly, and realize I've stopped walking. Nate's standing between us. I'm about to turn to him and suggest working, but he talks first.

"I'm going, don't fight."

And he does just that. He disappears into the house only seconds after speaking. I stare at the closed door for a few moments, trying to keep my gaze off Jordan. I want him, and it's taking a lot of willpower not to knock him over and lie on top of him and just make out.

"Chase."

He says it softly, and I almost give in. I set my jaw, then look at him. He's sitting on the ground now, in the grass, and he's got something or other in front of him. He's looking at me expectantly.

"Come work."

I want to scream, because I want nothing more than for him to kiss me. I go over anyways, scowling as I sit down in the grass. I wonder if his choice of placement was intentional. I wonder if he even knows that it's his turn, he's supposed to initiate something this time-

And then suddenly he's on top of me. I'm on my back, lying in the grass and staring up at him. He's holding himself above me on all fours, grinning a little as he lowers his face to mine, stopping mere centimetres away.

"Is this okay?" he whispers, and I swallow before nodding just slightly.

His lips meet mine, and it's like he's just set my entire body on fire. I reach up for him, hooking an arm around his neck and pulling him down further. He lets his body rest on top of mine, and I practically shove my hands under his shirt. He kisses me harder, opening my mouth with his and pushing his tongue in. I (entirely on accident) lift my hips a little, and the effect is immediate: he presses himself down on me, both of us groaning.

I gasp for breath and roll us over so I'm on top instead. He doesn't let me stop there, though- he rolls us over again. I should have known this would happen. I break away from his mouth, panting a little. "How come you get to be on top?"

He smirks. "Because I can probably trap you like this a lot more effectively than you could me."

I scowl a little, because he's not wrong. "But you're like, fifty pounds heavier. At least."

"I am not!"

I give him a deadpan look. "Muscle is heavy, and I'm pretty sure it makes up, like, 99% of your body mass."

He rolls his eyes. "Fine."

I grin, leaning back up to connect our mouths again, which he doesn't seem to object to. I roll us back over so I'm on top again, then take both his hands and pin them to the ground above his head. He gasps a little into my mouth, kissing me just a little more desperately than before. I run my free hand down his side, trailing my fingers over his very muscular body. He seems to be enjoying it about as much as I am, both of us panting and groaning into each others' mouths.