Chapter 49

~Payton's POV~

It's been so long, since last I've seen my sister...

I've waited for her to come back, but I know she never will.

Now I suffer the curse, and now I am blind...

Somehow, I've always felt that since she disappeared, that I killed her. That I led her to her death.

With all this anger guilt and sadness, coming to haunt me forever...

I missed her beautiful little face. Her smile that brightened the world. Every little detail and entity of her I missed with all my heart.

Your sweet little eyes, your little smile is all I remember...

It has only been a few days, but it felt like Maddie had been lost for years.

Lost to this monster...

I know she was killed. I may not know who did it, but I do know that I will never see Maddie again. She will be lost forever.

Lost to the one behind the slaughter...

I had cried every second since she was gone. I thought I would have run out of tears by now.

Since you've been gone...

My mother had been even more crushed. She'd gone insane. She would constantly call the police and tell them to find her. When they couldn't, she'd scream at them.

The sanity of your mother...

I couldn't blame her though. I refused to leave my bedroom. My father always brought my food to me. Luckily, he had dealt with something like this before, and didn't completely lose his sanity.

Those fuzzy memories messed with my temper...

I kept crying on my bed, as usual, until an idea struck in my head.

Maybe I should chase and find, before they'll try to stop it...

I jumped out of my bed since what seemed like forever, and ran out the door. I ignored my mother crying on the couch and my dad comforting her. And my own pain. I just kept going.

It won't be long before I'll become a puppet...

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've left one of these messages. Well, I looked this morning, and I realized that I got 4k views. As always, I just can't thank you enough for all of the support. And, if you couldn't tell, this chapter is quoting It's Been So Long by TheLivingTombstone. Just wanted to make that clear. So, anyways, thank you guys so much and stay fabulous. Bye <3