23

"You're joking?" Blake asked Roman in surprise, as the two of them walked into the restaurant together.

Since Sebastian had come back from his honeymoon with Mia, he'd thrown himself into his work, catching up on all the time that he'd missed out. The workaholic side of him had gone into overdrive, especially since he was CEO of Carter now - he had a lot more responsibility than before.

Blake thought it was the worst wedding present that one could receive - more responsibility - but it seemed to make Sebastian happy, the weirdo.

Since he was too busy for an actual life, Blake and Roman decided to out for lunch together for a catch up.

"Nope. She threw the damn things at me," Roman replied.

The pair were currently discussing a slightly disagreement in between Roman and Diana, one where he had - without even knowing - called her fat.

Roman hadn't exactly realised that that telling your girlfriend - who was on her period and complaining of feeling bloated - that she should wear something less tight, was basically an insult.

That then led to her cursing him out and throwing biscuits at him, one at a time, before she ate the rest of them in rage.

"I'm glad I'm not you," Blake laughed. "More importantly, I'm glad I'm not around Di when she's on her period."

He was scared of Diana on a normal day, but during that time where 'Aunt Flo' would visit, he wouldn't even cross the street that she lived on.

"I love her so much, but my God was that terrifying. She seemed possessed," Roman sighed.

He really did love his girlfriend, with all that he had, but for those five days every month, he was tempted to jump out the window and make a run for it.

"So, what's new with you?" Roman then asked Blake, once the pair were seated at their table. "Have they fixed up your place yet?"

Blake let out deep, annoyed breath. "Oh, don't ask. It's such a wreck, man. Apparently I've either got to wait it out, and who knows how long that'll take, or I just find my own place."

Living with your parents was a pain in the arse, even 'non-existent-but-conveniently-always-there' parents as Blake liked to describe them. They were never really there for the important things, but seemed to always show up when it best suited them and was at worse possible time for him.

Ever since Sebastian and Mia had gotten married, it was like a curse had been placed on Blake, where he had to bare the constant nagging from him his parents.

"What's the issue then?" Roman asked him. "Get your own place. I know how much you hate being back at the Campbell Home."

It wasn't exactly a secret from his friends, the relationship that Blake had with his parents. Sebastian had been around since his high-school days, so it was known to him more than others, but Roman was aware about the tense and distant relationship that Blake had with them.

"I mean it's not so bad with Maggie and Burt, but whenever my parents are there, I want to run my head through the wall," Blake told him. "Plus, it took me ages to choose my place before, the location, rooms, everything was perfect."

"You're so picky. Just fucking decide," Roman stated, knowing how annoyingly indecisive, Blake could be.

Blake narrowed his eyes. "I will when I come across the right place."

"You looked at three places before you chose your old place," Roman then reminded him.

"Yeah, because I wanted out of the family house as quick as possible, but this time it's different. I want to choose a place that I want to make a home."