So Great of You, Snape

Harry PoV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the sun in my eyes.  I stretched, yawned, and rolled over. Wait! Why was the sun in my eyes? I sat up and checked the time on my phone. 9:00?! I overslept! I changed quickly, ran my hands through my crazy hair, grabbed my stuff, and headed to class. 

Why didn't Ron wake me up this morning? Well there's no time for breakfast I guess. Class started ten minutes ago?!  I broke into a run, caught my breath and opened the door to Potions. 

"Ah Mr. Potter. So you've decided to join us." Snape said in his bored voice

"Sorry Professor I overslept." 

"Just because you overslept doesn't mean you get to be late. Ten points from Gryffindor." Someone behind me chuckled. It was Goyle.

"Oh come on Goyle it's not like you've never overslept!" I said as I sat down next to Ron and Hermione. 

"As I was saying," Snape turned to the chalkboard "Today you will be given your potions partners." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ron and Hermione look at each other hopefully. Sure, I was a little jealous they were in a relationship and I'm all alone but I'm perfectly fine with it being that way. I think. 

"Now." Snape continued, "Here are the assigned partners for the next few months." He turned to the board again. "Pansy Parkinson and Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and Blaise Zabini,  Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter-" 

After that I stopped listening, to focused on my own anger. Malfoy, of all people! This was just to get back at me for being late! I picked up my stuff and harshly told Crabbe and Goyle to get out of my seat. 

"Jeez someone get under your skin Potter?" Malfoy said, moving some of his things so I could sit down. 

"Can you just not?" 

"Ooh someone's a little feisty today." 

"I said can you just NOT!" 

"Jeez Potter no need to be bossy."

I rolled my eyes. Of all the days that Malfoy could have decided to be the smallest amount of nice why did it have to be today?

"Today we will be brewing amortentia. Don't worry, we won't be tasting it," He said with a smirk toward Malfoy and I, "We will only be smelling it and recording what it smells like." "Great this'll be fantastic" Malfoy said sarcastically under his breath. I ignored him. "Go get your ingredients and start brewing your potion." 

We started to brew the potion, Malfoy giving me numerous remarks of how I was cutting, mushing, stirring, and breathing on the ingredients. 

"Malfoy, why do you care how I'm breathing? Why are you even paying attention to the way I'm breathing. You should be paying attention to the potion." 

"Maybe you should be making sure you don't cut your hand off with that knife." Malfoy's face was red now. 

"Why would you care if I did?" 

His face was was growing even more red. "Because I do, ok! Now put that wormroot in with the rest of the potion." I rolled my eyes, but then stopped midway and put the clues together. 

1. The blushing. Why would he be blushing?

2. He was acting like he cared. He's never done that before, we're enemies!

3. He was paying attention to me. Paying attention to how I breathed, moved, talked, Now I had never noticed him do that.

The only thing is though. How long has Malfoy done these things? I mean how and why in the world would he like me. Hey think of it this way, I can turn this partner thing into something even funnier. Plus I can already hear Ron's laughing and Hermione's scolding. Would this work?

I turned and looked at him to find him still staring at me. His face was still a little pink. "Hey Malfoy" I whispered in his ear. "That shade of pink looks quite dazzling on you." The pink turned crismon again and I chuckled. Oh man, this could be fun.