07

"Mom,"

I called her and she avoided when she saw me, after what happened in the hospital, I went to the company to personally talk to her. She needs to hear words from her daughter, she needs to realize things.

"Anak, anong ginagawa mo dito? Wala ka bang pasyente?"

I didn't answer her, I just presented my hands and stare at her.

"Give me my keys," I asserted with an authority

"What is it, Trinity Zaniah?"

"Give me my keys," I repeat

She has scarcely laughed, "Zaniah, why am I giving it to you?"

She's asking like she didn't commit something about my keys, she keeps bluffing until she got the answer she wants to hear. Yup, that's how Frankie Amber Smith became a mom to me.

I cross my arm unto my chest, "Because you are not using it for a good purpose, you just opened the door for him. You don't even know that guy! What if he rape me?!"

"Anak, hindi naman siya rapist." She exhorted

"We don't know, mom. Just give it to me,"

I know, I easily judge someone but we still need to make sure. I assume that Carter is a good person, it's just that this woman really thrown me to guy she just met.

I don't like to encounter other people who will take advantage of her kindness.

"Trinity Zaniah, can I ask you something?" She giggled, "Don't you think Carter is attractive?"

My lips parted, "My gosh, Mom. You're in your 40's, stop having crushes. Dad will surely get mad."

I know what she's talking about but I need to keep what she's thinking away from our topic, she's giving me a headache. Kung hindi ko lang siguro siya Mommy, malamang nasampal ko na siya. She's so annoying!

"Zaniah! That's not what I mean!" She slightly slapped my arms, "What I mean is, don't you think it's time for you to open your heart again? I mean, nasa tamang edad kana at stable na trabaho mo. Tumatanda na rin kami, gusto ko na ng... alam mo na..."

Oh, I got it.

"That's why you opened the door for him?" I asked

That's really her intention, I knew it. She wants me to start dating again, which is not in mu vocabulary.

She quickly nod, "Uh-huh, nakita ko kasing naghihintay sa labas ng office mo and then when I saw him, He told me na dinalhan ka daw niya ng breakfast. Isn't great for an ideal man?"

She asked while blinking her eyes multiple times, she's doing something reckons that will capture my heart. But no, I won't start dating, never again.

I shook my head, "It's not, stop pushing things."

"Zaniah naman, hindi ka parin ba ready? I opened the door for you to open your heart—"

"Mom!" I shouted

"Don't shout anak naman,"

"I'm sorry, mom. Just don't do it again." I apologized, I just don't want to push myself to someone. If he's really the one for me, then I know the universe will make a way for me.

"Why not..." She whispered that made me rolled my eyes.

"Argh! I hate you!"

I stamped my feet and sauntered away from her office. But right after I closed the door, she shouts.