˗ˋ 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
✧ 
-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEIR PRACTISE TURNS TO TALK

. . .

The first night of practise had ended quite late, as did many others coming from that. The 24th of November was quickly approaching, and Rosie and Cedric found themselves practising almost daily, the exceptions only being when Rosie was wanted for Quidditch practise with the twins. 

Cedric found himself gaining confidence in himself as each hour of practise passed, always going to sleep afterwards with a sense of accomplishment, especially after he had finally cast a spell perfectly, or up to Rosie's standards or perfect.

And he was glad that he hadn't chosen his friends to practise with. Rosie wasn't going easy on him, pointing out what he did wrong everytime he did, her voice seemingly louder in the room with high-ceilings. 

In a strange way, he almost wanted to thank Rosie for it. It helped him learn, and get everything down to perfection, as the task approached and it seemed almost inevitable that he would be facing some for of danger.

Rosie had him practising his patronus for multiple practises in a row, but for some reason he couldn't get it. A incorporal one was all that he had managed so far, but he wanted to get a corporal one prepared. 

"How many happy memories have you got left?" Rosie joked, sitting down on the yellow sofa. "Come on, you can't do it all night." 

"It's the only one I haven't gotten yet." Cedric grumbled, slipping down next to him. "I just keep changing whichever memory I think are happy, focusing on what makes me happiest about it, trying to remember them clearly." 

"Hm.. maybe it's not your happiest. You must have led a happy life if you have that many to consider." Rosie smiled, and Cedric looked over. 

"How many did you go through?" He asked, and Rosie paused, thinking about it for a few moments. 

"I think.. maybe when I was accepted to Hogwarts. My mum, brother and dad were all in the same place for once, and it happened to arrive then." Rosie shrugged. "I can't really remember what I thought about for the first time. Professor Lupin used a boggart for mine, seeing as they really really frightened me at the time." 

"Professor Lupin was a good teacher. I wonder why he left." Cedric mused for a moment, and Rosie shrugged, hiding the fact that she had very quickly figured out when Lupin was, which was the only reason why she had told him about her awful headaches, thinking it was due to her being half-mermaid. 

"You know, I have no idea how I would have done if I actually was participating in this." Rosie laughed. "I'm so glad that goblet didn't throw out my name." 

"I think you would have been fine - you know all of these spells right? You could've easily done it, I reckon." Cedric said, and Rosie sat up a little, shaking her head.

"There's no way. I might know them but I could never apply them in a situation with pressure. Besides, I think teaching me the confidence part would have been a lot harder." Rosie shrugged. "Of course, you would have been a brilliant teacher, but I don't think I could take it in like you're doing with spells."

"I think you could have picked it up. At least a little anyways." Cedric replied, and the corners of Rosie's lips quirked up into a small smile, which Cedric found himself thinking looked rather pretty. 

"Maybe." Rosie shrugged, before sitting up fulling, turning towards him and crossing her legs under her. "You going into Hogsmeade tomorrow?" She asked, her hands resting on her calves.

"I'm pretty sure I have no choice in it. Unless you're wanting another practise?" Cedric asked, and Rosie quickly shook her head. 

"I was planning on going myself. Angelina and I might go to the Three Broomsticks. Rosmerta sometimes gives us free drinks if we give her an hour of waitressing." Rosie smiled, and Cedric nodded.

"I always wondered why I would see you carrying around butterbeer every few minutes. I was beginning to think you had a problem." Cedric replied, and Rosie laughed. 

"No, as much as I like butterbeer, it's way too sweet for me to have more than a glass." Rosie shook her head, the smile widening on her face. 

"It's warm." Cedric nodded, his mind drifting for a second, before turning back to what Rosie was saying. Although, he couldn't exactly focus on it. 

Rosie was someone who he had never really talked to, before what happened at the World Cup. From then, he found himself talking to her more and more, before then making a bet with her which ultimately led to spending more time with each other.

He didn't really know why he had chosen to do this before, but after the short conversation that they had just been in after the Friday night practise, he think he knew why. 

Everyone, even his friends at time, treated him like Cedric Diggory; the Hufflepuff's golden boy, seeker, popular, handsome and kind. But Rosie, she never acted like they did, he was just Cedric to her.

She never tread on eggshells around him, didn't hesitate to tell him that he was annoying, joke around with him and just told him what she was thinking, majority of the time. 

Rosie never acted like he was anyone other than himself. Not like other girls, as generic as it might sound. She didn't giggle or flutter her eye lashes at him or giggle after everything he said. She treated him normally, just like she would Fred or George - with less of the teasing. 

He was just normal when he was with Rosie in the Room of Requirement. Just normal and happy, preparing for the first task of a tournament that he had entered. 

Which was the only thing that he really considered extraordinary about him. And Rosie didn't care about that either.  All she cared about was helping him, and maybe even considered him a friend. 

And that made him happy.

✧