What just happened??-Chapter 9

Kendra

Currently still at Darius' birthday party

Currently still at Darius' birthday party. I really don't know how to feel.

Seeing him has brought back so many emotions I was done with. I mean I would be lying if said I wasn't curios as to what his "explanation" could be but on the other hand he doesn't deserve a chance to explain himself.

Sigh. This is all too much.

My thoughts are interrupted by someone's hands wrapped around me waist. It was Shanese.

"Hey girl, I was looking for you" she takes one look at me. " uh uh I know you are NOT crying over some nigga who took your virginity and left. He don't deserve those tears baby"

I nod my head whilst taking in everything she is saying. "I know Shan, I know. It's just whenever I'm around Darius he just makes me feel like we are teenagers again. He gives me butterflies, and I'm not just talking about in my stomach" I say whilst smirking.

"Well to me, it sounds like you're still feeling homeboy"

"... I honestly don't know Shan. And I feel like a horrible person because of it"

"Why boo? It's not like you and Darius have had sex or kissed or anything. He ain't stuck his fingers up you or grabbed on your tittes so you good chileee"

I shake my head and laugh at Shans bluntness. "I know I haven't done those things Shan but it just makes me feel bad about Jay."

"Okay well lemme ask you this, do you love Jayden Dre?"

Just before I had a chance to answer, as if on cue, Darius comes up to both Shan and I.

"Kendra, I needa talk to you"

Upon opening my mouth a voice responded but it was mine. "Well she doesn't want to talk to you my nigga"

"Kendra keep your guard dog on a leash please" he says rolling his eyes. Oh my God I can't believe he just said that.

"Guard dog, nigga I may only be 5ft2 but I will find a way up there. Keep being smart "

I jump in "okay! Okay! That's enough from both of you. Darius I have no plans to talk to you this evening, and you're really outta line for calling my cousin a guard dog. That shit ain't cool"

Just as Shan and I begin to walk away Darius holds unto my arm.

"Kendra, all I wanna do is talk. Don't you think I deserve that much. I know I messed up and you have every reason to be mad at me. But I'm just tryna make things better baby"

"She *cough* ain't *cough* your *cough* baby *cough cough cough cough* Shanese says from behind me. I swear this girl is the definition of petty but ride or die also, so it's not that bad 😂

I look into his eyes and begin with "Darius I..."

Then out of nowhere his mother comes out with a cake, everyone brings out their cameras and starts recording and singing, "Happy birthday to you!!"