Chapter 14- Pick Me Up

For that night, everything was fine between four friends. There was no Voldemort, no Death Eaters and no problems. Except for the fact that they had come to that point by time traveling. A mistake. But seeing Harry and Teddy was enough for them to not regret their mistake and accept it with wide open arms.

●●●●●●●

Day 2, 26/12/1998

Harry woke up as the sunlight of the day peeked through the clouds and hit his face, warming it. He shifted his head, careful not to wake Teddy, and watched as the snow fell to the grounds of Hogwarts in a slow motion. He doesn't know why, but rain and snow had always soothed his feelings and calmed him down. He closed his eyes and exhaled loudly after taking a deep breath, enjoying the feeling of his godson in his arms. He wondered if this was how Sirius felt like when he used to hold him like this as a child. He put one hand in Teddy's now original - light brown - hair and buried it inside of it before slowly and softly started to rub his head.

Teddy sighed contently and snuggled deeper into his godfather's chest. Godson and godfather laid together for who knows how long before the four came to wake them up.

They didn't know what they were expecting when they came to wake Harry and Teddy up, but out of everything, this was not it.

James was smiling softly, Sirius was smirking, Lily was looking as though she had seen the most precious thing in the world and Remus had a longing look on his face.

"Hiya!" Exclaimed Sirius, breaking the moment. "It's time for breakfast and then presents~" he said in a singing tone.

Teddy woke up at Sirius' voice and yawned hugely. He put his hands on Harry's chest and pushed himself on his knees. He looked around before his giggles filled the room and his hair changed to turquoise, his personal favorite colour.

He turned his head toward Remus, making the werewolf froze. Teddy smiled hugely and stretched out his arms, silently telling Remus to pick him up.

Everyone in the room looked shocked. Especially Harry. He looked at Remus' shocked face before turning his gaze to his godson, who was becoming rather impatient.

Harry smiled. "Go on, Randy." He said. "Don't make the kid waiting." He could've sworn he heard Teddy scowl.

Remus cautiously reached out for Teddy and picked him up. After being picked up, Teddy practically launched himself at Remus and nuzzled the man's shoulder. Remus, though shocked, smiled softly and hugged him close, missing the way Harry was looking at them before going to the bathroom.

"You can go to the Great Hall without me. I'll catch up." He informed them from his place in the bathroom.

As the time travelers walked with Teddy, thoughts were running madly in their minds.

"Oh, Merlin, Remus looks simply adorable with him."

"I wish I could hold my 18 years old kid like that."

"C'mon, Black. Find a way to drug Moony and kidnap the puppy."

"I can't believe I'm holding him." Remus whispered awestruck.

"You look like a true father like that, Remus." Lily said softly as she sneaked her arm around his waist while Sirius slung his around his shoulders.

James held Lily's unoccupied hand and hummed. "At least you get to hold your kid like that. I'm happy for you, Moony"

If Remus and Sirius picked on the sad tone in his voice, they didn't comment on it. Instead, they started to walk a little faster than before to leave the married couple alone.

Lily turned to James sadly and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. "Patience, James. Perhaps we won't be able to hold him like Remus holds Teddy, but we can learn stuff about him. I honestly don't care if I can't carry him around. I'll be able to do that when we get back. I just want to get to know him, perhaps steal a couple hugs and kisses on the cheek." She admitted, smiling softly at her lover.

James looked at her, his face searching hers for something before leaning down to peck her on the lips.

"Thank you..."

"You're welcome, Jamie..."

●●●●●●●

Hey, guys... I'm terribly sorry for not updating. My school started a while ago and I'm really stressed. Not to mention I can't seem to find any ideas to use on the story. So if you have any, make sure to tell me and I'll make sure to give credits!

Anyway, I'm really sorry. But I'm absolutely not discontinuing. So find the Hufflepuff in you and be patient. Pretty please?