Chapter 7: Revelation

Gulf was nervous, no scratch that, he was terrified. Acting in front of strangers was one thing, but in front of people that knew you so well? That was a whole different level, the kind he wasn't ready for, nor even partially experienced with.

He hadn't realised Mew had come in until Mew's arm had wrapped around his waist. " You ready?"

Gulf couldn't help tensing at Mews contact, but after taking a deep breath he relaxed. "Yeah, I'm ready."

Mew let go of Gulf waist as Gulf turned around to face him. Unconsciously, Mew reached up towards Gulf's hair fixing a loose strand of hair. Gulf just stood there shocked at Mew's tender gesture.

When their eyes met Mew cleared his throat and said  " I was just fixing it, after all we need to get used to these thing."

"Yeah, thank you." Gulf replied. Mew was right, they had to get used to being close, or they would be found out.

Mew extended his hand to Gulf's. "Lets go."

Gulf took one last breath before placing his hand in Mew's.

Their families were chatting, enjoying some wine. The first ones to notice them were both their sisters.

"Gulf!?" Exclaimed Gulf's sister.

"Mew!" Chanted Mew's sister at the same time.

Both parents quieted down, looking first at the girls then their boys. Glancing downwards they noticed their hands clasped together.

Mew was about to speak when his mother exploded into words. " I knew it!" She proclaimed. " I did tell you, didn't I?" She addressed Mew's dad and Gulf's parents.

Gulf's parents smiled at him, and he couldn't help gulping.

Mew's mother rushed towards them, pulling them to sit down.

Finally settled, Mew spoke. " Gulf and I are dating." He pronounced.

"Omg, Gulf seriously?!" Asked Grace, his sister.

" Yeah, seriously."

" I can't believe it!" Said Grace, aghast. " But you never hide anything from me, I would've known, and -"

Mew bent slightly sideways and planted a kiss on Gulf's cheek, he'd only meant to get Grace to stop talking. He didn't expect Gulf to blush all the way to his ears. Mew was frozen at the cuteness of Gulf's expression.

"Oh.....my.....godddddd!" Grace drawled out. " This is real!"

Mew's mother was grinning from ear to ear. Gulf's parents wore wide smiles, as did both sisters.

Mew, however, wasn't aware of the stares. He continued staring at Gulf, deep in thought.Mew couldn't help thinking that Gulf was awfully shy for someone that did this kind of thing often. But then, maybe he didn't. Maybe it wasn't part of the job, and Mew had overstepped a boundary? He bent down and whispered and apology into Gulf's ear.

"Sorry."

" It's fine." Said Gulf scratching his neck to hide his embarrassment.

Feeling sorry, Mew reached over and handed Gulf a cup of water. Gulf thanked him as he slowly sipped on it.

Grace had no idea what they were whispering about, but she had never seen her brother talk so intimately with anyone else before. She turned to Mew's sister grabbing her hand.

" We're finally gonna be family!" Grace announced to Mew's sister.

Gulf choked on his drink, coughing and gasping. Mew patted his back, as Gulf returned into breathing normally.