𝟐𝟐 - 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞

Anakin's POV

A few short beeps sound over my commlink. It was buzzing on the bedside table, on (y/n)'s side of the bed. Surprisingly she wasn't woken from the noise, I guess because she was so exhausted from the day before.

Grabbing hold of the commlink, I returned to my side of the bed. I peered down at (y/n) for a moment, she looked so peaceful when she was asleep. I observed as her chest raised up and down slowly and stroked a strand of her away from her face.

Grabbing my robe and wrapping it round myself, I stepped out of her bedroom and answered the commlink

"General Skywalker" a voice sounded over it,

rubbing my eyes I responded tiredly "ugh, what time is it?" the sun was only just beginning to rise over the city of Coruscant

"General Skywalker, you are needed in the jedi council room immediantley" the stern voice of Mace Windu snapped, then static came from the other side of the line.

He didn't sound happy, although when did he ever?

I walked back into (y/n)'s bedroom to tell her but looking at her now, she needed her rest. So, instead I placed a soft kiss on her forehead then hastily got changed into my jedi robes and headed to the council room.

Pushing the grand doors open, I peered my head round to see the whole jedi council sat down in their designated seats, scowling at me. Mace signalled for me to come in and I nodded to the respected masters as I stepped into the centre of the room.

I felt unease as their eyes galred at me in disgust?

"Anakin Skywalker, you are found guilty of treason against the jedi code"

My brows furrowed and eyes widened in shock, (GIF above) I immediantley looked over at Obi-Wan who looked just as shocked as me at the news. He was the only person who knew about my relationship with (y/n) and the pregnancy.

No. He wouldn't tell them. He swore to me.

I tried to play it off like i had no idea what Mace was talking about "this is outrageous, i- i would never"

Then from out of the corner, a clone trooper stepped up.

"with all due respect general, I and the other troopers deployed to rescue miss (y/l/n) from Mustafar can argue against that"

kriff. the troopers.

how could I have been so careless?

With so much going on, I never thought to swear the troopers to secrecy. I had forgotten the new policy that had been instilled that instructed the clones to report back to the council after every mission.

I dropped my head in shame, there was no getting out of this one.

"choose, you must, (y/n) or the jedi order young Skywalker" Yoda gave the ultimatum.

I know I had said to Obi-Wan that I would choose (y/n) in a heartbeat but I never really thought it would come to this. Before I could plead my case, I was ordered out of the room. Obi-Wan shrugged at me helplessly from his seat as the doors shut.

My emotions became heightened with anger, confusion, sadness. I had lost so much already and whatever decision I made would affect the rest of my life. a life without the jedi or a life without (y/n).

I stormed to (y/n)'s room to tell her the news.

As i barged in she stood in her nightgown looking out over her balcony, when she heard me come in she span around and immediantly noticed my anxious and angry stance

"Anakin, what is it?" she came over to me and stroked her hand through my hair,

I grabbed her soft hand and brushed it away "(y/n), they know about us, they're making me choose"

her reaction shocked me at the lack of panic.

"well, it was always a risk..if they expel us, atleast we have each other" she went to kiss me but I pushed her away.

how could she be so insensitive? "(y/n), the jedi is my life! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS MEANS, HOW MUCH I HAVE TO GIVE UP?"

She looked confused and tried to come closer to ease my anger but I backed away once again "WHAT ARE WE DOING? WE'RE JEDI, THIS IS CRAZY"

"anakin-" her loving smile turned into confusion as she looked me up and down, like she'd never seen me before.

"WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A CHILD TOGETHER, I ALMOST THREW AWAY EVERYTHING I HAVE WORKED SO HARD FOR"

"what are you saying?" she didn't shout back, her voice was filled with hurt "are you- are you glad the baby didn't make it?" tears brimmed in her eyes

I immediately regretted what I had just said and snapped out of my enraged state "no-" I shook my head, ashamed of what had just come over me "no ofcourse not, that's not what i meant"

I walked over to embrace her apologetically but instead of a loving hug back, came a cold slap on my face and before I knew it, she had fled out of the room.

(y/n)'s POV

I didn't know where to go, anywhere away from him.

I had tried to be calm and supportive and where did that get me?

I rushed down several flights of stairs and hallways. My feet functioned faster than my brain could and before i knew it, I was in the elavator down to the prison cells level.

this was her fault.

she had ruined everything.

I had never seen that side of Anakin, she brought out the worst in both of us.

If it wasn't for Athena, none of this would have happened. and she needed to know that.

Composing myself, I stopped outside of cell 265, two clone troopers stood gaurd either side of the laser gated cell.

"I'll take it from here boys, you can have a break" I nodded at them as they nodded back gratefully and left.

Entering the pin for the laser gate, it hummed open briefly as I stepped inside.

Athena was held in the same contraption that had prevented my escape from the Jedi all those months ago sith clutching chains.

She had managed to doze off to sleep, as she had been in here for a good 12 hours now, not long considering this was going to be her home for the rest of her miserable life.

I prowled up to her until I was less than a few feet away and then I landed a hard punch in her ribs, immediately bringing her to consciousness. She winced for a second, then when she realised it was me she began to splutter apologies "(y/n), oh my god. I've been wanting to talk to you, they wouldn't let-"

"shut up" I spat "I didn't come to hear your apologies" I turned away from her but continued to speak

"because of you, my world is falling apart. because of you, MY UNBORN CHILD IS DEAD. Because of you THE LOVE OF MY LIFE HATES ME. So, are you happy? you got your revenge, does it feel good? is it exactly how you dreamed? do you feel fulfilled in your life, knowing that you've ruined someone else's?"

I was unaware of what I was doing next, I was unaware I had spun back around as our eyes met. I was unaware as I slithered closer to her and stared at her intimidatingly.

I was unaware as my invisible hand of the force gripped tightly round her throat.

"you want to know what revenge feels like, huh?" I gritted through my teeth

I watched and almost enjoyed the sight of her writhing in pain as I held her life in my hands

breathlessly she choked "(y/n), please, sister"

I reused to let go however and yelled back "YOU ARE NOT AND WILL NEVER BE MY SISTER"

and with that a quiet crack sounded from Athena's neck and her head instantly dropped to her chest.

she was dead.