CHAPTER 21

Hi guys, this is the next chapter. i'm sincerely sorry it came late.

..........................

The alarm on my phone went off, playing lovely by Billie Eilish. Some people won't wake up with that alarm tune because it sounds more of a lullaby. I rolled off my bed and fell back on it when I felt a sharp pain at the bottom of my stomach. I knew it was cramps. Carefully I stood up, stripped the blood stained sheets and dumped them in the laundry basket, then I went to take a hot shower maybe to calm my nerves. That done I quickly dressed up in a black hoodie over blue jeans.

I could hear voices as I made my way downstairs into the kitchen. Everyone was seated eating their breakfast. They all shouted their good mornings but I ignored them and went to get some cereal. For some reason I just wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

I quickly grabbed a bowl and spoon, then I poured the cereal and milk before wolfing it down. All of them just stared at me confused.

"is there something wrong with my face?" I asked. They just kept staring. I got up and started looking into the cupboard for pain relievers or something but I couldn't find any so I turned to Alan.

"pain relievers, please"

"um..what do you need them for?" he asked me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"pain, of course" I replied curtly.

His face turned to that of concern "oh my, are you hurt? Do we need to take you to the hospital?" he started as he grabbed my arm and checked it.

"NO, I HAVE FREAKING CRAMPS SO JUST GIVE ME THE MEDECINE" I yelled. There was absolute silence in the room, maybe because they were shocked I yelled or surprised about the cramps. Then we heard the shattering of glass, apparently Percy dropped the glass of milk he was holding. Ivan grabbed a towel and dabbed on the milk while Alan packed up the shattered glass.

"can someone get me the pills now?" I asked once the commotion had died down, Simon handed me the pills. I took them with some water quickly and waited for the effect.

"Chuck  is in jail, we caught him last night" Ivan announced. I shrugged and walked out.

.................

"you look tired, girl" Emma told me once I walked up to her in the school hallway.

"was a long night almost got killed alongside Dylan, by the way have you seen him?" I replied.

"no, but I'm in for a good story" I told her everything that happened as we walked down to our first class of the day. Emma was so shocked, I had to wave my hand in her face a couple times to bring her back to reality.

We now sat in the second period before lunch, the teacher was droning on about the world war and half the class was asleep or on their phones. I was zoned out and so was Emma.

"hey, wanna skip?" I whispered to her. She looked at me wide-eyed. Of course I'll be the last person to suggest that.

"of course, but are you sure?" she whispered back. I shrugged in response. I grabbed my wallet and phone and so did Emma, once the bell rang we walked out of school. I was oddly excited maybe because I've never skipped school before.

"where do we go?" Emma asked once we were on the street.

"um.there's a coffee shop not too far from here, we could go there" I replied.

Simon p.o.v

We stared at each other once hazel walked out of the kitchen. She was totally not fine.

"girls can be scary sometimes" dale said making me chuckle.

"we better head for school or we'll be late" Percy said. We grabbed our bags and headed for the car. She was already seated at the back on her phone. Everyone got in and we drove off. There was no conversation at all in the car ride.