Track 1. | Wasteland, Baby!

💿
"All of our fear and the fire
Of the end of the world
Happens each time a boy falls in love with a girl
Happens grace
Happens sweet
Happily, I'm unfazed here, too"

Song: Wasteland, Baby! - Hozier.

* * *

Bowie Anderson

"Cmon angel, what are you doing still standing there?" He says with a smile plastered on his face.

I gritted my teeth and hoisted my dress up slightly and grabbed my gun.

"Never call me that again" I say pointing the gun at him.

"I am not your angel" I say putting my finger on the trigger but not pressing it.

His eyes widened as he stood there and he raised his hands slowly.

"Come on angel, it's okay, you'll be home soon" he says trying to calm me down.

"I said, I am not your angel!" I shouted kicking him in the stomach causing him to grunt and fly backwards onto a desk.

I step over to him with my gun still raised and stood over him.

"Not so smart now are you?" I say through gritted teeth as I watch him sweat below me.

He swallows a lump in his throat quickly and blinked quickly at me.

* * *

"Hey Elton, miss me?" I said closing the door and throwing my keys on the side table.

My golden retriever barked and wagged his tail at me as I spoke. I smile and tiredly sigh.

"Was a long day today buddy, how was your day?" I say taking off my heels and putting them by the door.

Elton barked again and rolled over onto his back. "Yeah, you always have a good day, I wish I had your life" I laugh rubbing his belly and flopping down onto the couch with a sigh.

He walked over his tail wagging and jumping up onto my stomach. "Thanks buddy, I think my sandwich just came up from my stomach" I laughed and closed my eyes.

Being an apprentice lawyer was something I thought would be fun, turns out it's not. I haven't worked one single case to practice, all I do is run around for Mr Johnson getting his coffee and organising his files in his jam packed cabinet which always falls out on me like an avalanche without fail.

Today was like every other day, tiring. When I moved from South Carolina to New York to pursue my dreams of becoming a successful lawyer that lives the life of luxury, I wasn't expecting to end up working for a successful lawyer and living in a sketchy apartment block that has an elevator that you need to click the buttons 10 times to get it to move.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad I have a place to live but I would rather not have to deal with my creepy next door neighbour Carl who asks if I want my laundry done or my door washed.

I'm brought out of my thoughts by Elton scratching at the balcony door wanting to go out. I get up and lazily walk to the door sliding it open feeling the slight breeze on my skin.