↻53

Love, those damn four letters

Drearily, the abandoned building stood isolated with the sound of water dripping from the ceiling that had been partially broken- letting the natural sunlight infiltrate into the room through the cracks

It casted a halo effect above Seowoo as she wearily stepped further into the complex, her eyes taking in every detail.

Chenle was a fair distance away, listening out for anything that was out of the ordinary- pursing his lips together in concentration

"Why did he come here...?" Her voice came out quiet toned, the anxiety bubbling inside her was accompanied by the sight trembling in her hands.

"I don't know." He replied in a murmer- narrowing his eyes at the dust on the walls however, there was none on the light switch. "But someone has been here recently."

Bitterly cold, chilling to the bone as enticing as it was- seeking the urge to uncover what exactly had happened here- yet Seowoo halted in the middle of the large room.

The stillness of the air hung suffocatingly above her and imprisoned her in its deathly claws that scraped against her throat.

Almost hawk like, her eyes scanned the area as she unknowingly held her breath- almost as if she could envision her brother entering with the bright gleaming smile that automatically lit up a dull room.

Jolting as a hand was lightly placed on her back as Chenle walked past her, urging her back into reality.

"We've gotta be quick, if someone finds out we're here then it won't be good." He spoke- turning his phone's flashlight on and shining it around the darkest places of the room.

Feeling the chills crawl up her back, she shivered and glanced behind her at the darkness that hid what she couldn't see.

Seowoo felt exposed and vulnerable, immediately hurrying over to Chenle who's eyebrows narrowed and a slight hum left his lips- vibrating from his chest.

Becoming paranoid of the wind whistling and the eerie silence, Seowoo reached Chenle who was crouched down on the floor examining something.

Her leg was practically pressed against his side in an unconscious attempt to gain his protection- jittery as she clutched her phone to her chest.

Chenle was aware of her extremely close presence yet decided against mentioning anything, clutching an object in his hand.

He shook his head slightly, moving his hair out of his eyes as he brought it closer to his eyesight.

Glimmering in the sunlight between his fingers was a pendant.
Chenle grew still momentarily yet Seowoo went unnoticed to it- still looking around for any signs of life.

He was silent when he stood up- his arm brushing against hers as he did- coming to a halt in front of her.

The attention flickered over to Chenle as he stood in front of her wordlessly, eyes falling to his as he took a step forward her.

Her breath faltered, taken by surprise and a bit paranoid of why his demeanor had switched.

"Um, what's up?" She trailed off, noticing his eyes trailed from her eyes to her neck- his hand reaching out.
The cold touch of his fingers brushed against her collarbone, eliciting a slight jolt from her.

His head tilted down a bit, eyes latching onto the pendant around her neck and she felt herself becoming aware of how much her pulse began to quicken up- blinking more erratically to calm herself down.

"Huh," he said finally. "So if he was here before he died, then why is there two of the same necklaces..." He voiced and Seowoo snapped out of her flustered feeling.

"What?" She said, eyes falling immediately to his palm that held the same Angel pendant in it.

Her eyes widened, she stilled and met eyes with Chenle.
"Maybe he had two and gave me one...." She voiced.

"Why would he have gotten it from an abandoned building?"

He's right, it doesn't make sense. He would have gone to a jewellery store instead of this run down place.

She bit at her lip hard, thoughts running wild inside her mind.

Chenle left his sight from the pendant to the girl who was clearly confused about it all, his eyes especially falling to where she had captured her bottom lip between her teeth.

His gaze lingered longer than intent, forcing himself to look away and nonchalantly speak up.
"You'll make it bleed."

"Hm?" She hummed out, not catching onto what he was saying.
The boy's eyes fell to her lips again.

"You'll make it bleed if you do that."

"Oh," she let go of her bottom lip from her teeth, face flushing and turning around- clearing her throat. "Um, let's go look around for more clues." She hurried out, turning out of the room to another one.

Seowoo leant against the wall, her hand going up to clutch the material of her shirt at her chest- able to feel the knocking of her heart against it.

It wouldn't stop, erratically beating and she then reached up to feel her warm red cheek with the back of her hand.

Begining to dawn on her, realising why she was becoming so flustered- Seowoo paused.

"I think we should take this to Seyeon and see if there's something inside it- what do you think?" His voice spoke out as he walked into the room- looking around at the displays with his back to her.

Seowoo's eyes locked onto his figure, swallowing down the dryness in her throat.

I think I like you.

Right then took you long enough innit 🙄

Anyway what do you think the pendant thing is about 👀