Goodbyes

Y/N's POV
I leaned against a palm tree with my arms crossed, watching as Zuko instructed Aang:

"More ferocious! Imagine striking through your opponent's heart!"

Aang groaned and turned to Zuko whining,

"I'm trying!"

"Now let me hear you roar like a tiger-dillo!"

His roar was weak and feeble.

"That sounded pathetic. I said, roar!"

Aang tried again, with a lot more power, Zuko nodded in approval.

I was proud of Zuko, although I still didn't fully understand why he was helping them, he was a good teacher, and I liked the style in which he taught.

Katara yelled,

"Who wants a nice cool glass of watermelon juice?"

Aang grinned and ran towards her,

"Ooh, ooh! Me, me me!"

But Zuko grabbed the back of his clothes, stopping him in his tracks,

"Hey! Your lesson's not over yet! Get back here!"

Suki called over,

"Come on, Zuko! Just take a break. What's the big deal?"

He dropped Aang and folded his arms,

"Fine."

Tsk. If that was me, I wouldn't have let him go.

Zuko yelled after him,

"If you wanna lounge around like a bunch of snail sloths all day, then go ahead!"

Sokka then chimed in,

"Maybe Zuko's right. Sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy. But I know just the thing to change that... BEACH PARTY!"

He threw back his Water Tribe clothes, now only wearing his swimming trunks, everyone else got changed and ran for the beach, but I walked alone back inside.

They're all imbeciles.

They're supposed to be great young masters of their fighting styles, and days before the comet they're having a beach party?

Do they not care? Or are they just stupid?

Zuko came in after me and grabbed my hand,

"Hey, are you okay?"

"What? I'm fine."

"You're not fine."

I brought my hands up to his neck and ran them through his hair, I'm going to miss him.

"I hope you know how much I care about you, Zuzu, and no matter what happens, promise me you'll take care of yourself?"

He pulled my hands down, holding them in front of his chest and looked at me, his eyes were serious,

"Why? What's happening?"

"I was right you know, about love."

"What do you mean?"

"You make me weak, there's no one else in the world that I would've stayed here for. There's no one else that I would've followed across every nation and there's no one else I'd give my life for."

"Why does it feel like you're saying goodbye?"

"Because unlike you, I have the guts to tell you to your face when I'm leaving."