~22~

Dedicated to Timilehin06, the Adaku of our time 😂😂. She just started a very amazing teen fiction, One More Boost and you should all check it out because I'm sooo loving the book ❤️❤️

To be seen is a little bit unsettling,

For you soul to be bared to another.

~Adam~

The sharp impact of sunlight streaking into my room and affecting my closed eyes made me mumble something incoherent before turning to the other side. The one where my eyes wouldn't be affected by the sunlight.

But who drew the curtains by the way?

"Wakey, Wakey, sleepyhead."

Came Mom's voice in a sing-song tone and I frowned, wondering why the hell she'd be waking me up when I just slept like 5 minutes ago. I dragged my duvet over my head, convinced that I was dreaming and wanting nothing to disturb my perfect sleep.

"Korede, this is the fifth time I'd come to wake you up to this morning. Do you want me to wake you up with cold water?"

Ooops. Do people talk this much inside dreams too?

I was about to drift off completely, my eyelids closing when mom screamed my name and that woke me up instantly. I jerked to a sitting position, feeling a splitting headache and the sharp impact of sunlight made me close my eyes again. Someone should please close this curtain again. I opened my eyes gently to see that it was dawn, obviously from the sun.

Mom was sitting at the edge of the bed and she was looking at me suspiciously. I'd expected her to be dressed in her nightwear but she was dressed in a short fitted gown, her face freshly scrubbed and all the trace of sleep gone from her face. She must have been awake for quite some time.

"Good Morning mom."

"Afternoon, young man. It's noon already."

Ehn? My eyes darted towards the direction of the huge wall clock on the adjacent wall and that confirmed it. It was 12:05.

I overslept. Thank God it was a weekend self. What happened? Why did I sleep for this long?

"Did you stay up late last night? This is so unlike you."

Hmm? Did I stay up late last night?

Yes, I did. The memories of what I'd done last night came flooding back. I'd wanted to complete a piece I'd been working on for weeks but instead, I found myself reaching for my sketch pad, and what?

My eyes automatically went to the floor to see my sketch pad laying on the floor beside my bed with a pencil near it. I reached out for it just at the same time mom reached out for it and I surged forward, reaching for it with all my strength.

"Hey, calm down. Why that much strength? Did you sketch something I shouldn't see?"

She asked when I picked the sketch pad and I gripped it in my hands tightly. She started to reach for it again and I had to hide it behind my body.

"Mom, I'm a teenager. There are things I wouldn't want you to know or see."

She leaned back with fake shock written all over her face.

"Ehn ehn? Mi o mon oo. It's just now that you're saying is that I'm realizing."

I released a shaky breath, my mind wrapped around why I did not want mom to see my sketch pad.