Chapter 22

Lauren rung the doorbell and Camila's family was waiting outside.

The door opened and Lauren hugged her younger sister.

"Taylor!" Lauren exclaimed with a huge smile on her face.

"Lauren! Who are the people behind you?" Taylor asked.

"Well, this is my girlfriend, Camila." Lauren put an arm around her and Taylor grinned looking at the girl.

"She's pretty," Taylor smiled making Camila grin, her face heating up.

"You're pretty!"

"And this is Sofi, and Ale and Sinu." Lauren introduced Camila's family.

"Well get in here! Happy Thanksgiving!" Taylor exclaimed moving to the side as everyone walked in.

After all the introductions, specifically everyone's names, they sat at the long table, eyeing each other until Lauren spoke up.

"Well...okay. Mom, dad, Camila's my girlfriend."

"She is?" Clara, Lauren's mom, asked.

"Yes."

"Lucky!" Chris exclaimed slouching in his seat making Lauren laugh.

"So...Camila, what do you expect to do with my daughter? I heard from your dad that you're touring soon...with Ed Sheeran. You're just leaving her?" Mike, Lauren's dad, asked.

Lauren's eyes widened and she spoke up, "DAD!"

"I'm just trying to figure this all out, mija. You know I love you." Mike explained then turned his attention back on Camila, and so did everyone at the table.

"I'm...not leaving her. I, uh, very much adore your daughter and I'm going to make sure I keep her happy at all times even if I'm miles away." Camila said while Lauren held her hand under the table.

"Good. Keep it that way. You got a good one, Laur. And Camila, I hope you'll do everything you feel you need to do to keep her happy."

"I will." Camila said making eye contact at Lauren.

"Even if it meant hurting her feelings?" Mike asked.

"Would it end in her being happy?"

"Let's say yes. It would make her happy."

"Then yes, I would make her happy even if it meant hurting her feelings, well for a short period of time." Camila said nervously feeling Lauren's intense gaze on her.

-

Everyone finished eating and Lauren decided to show Camila her room.

"It's cute, you know, it's a lot like you. The music posters of Lana Del Rey, the 1975, HAIM, the vinyls. This room is the definition of you," Camila smiled looking around while Lauren stayed staring at Camila.

"What? You've been quiet, Lo." Camila mumbled.

"What you said. Is it true? You'd make me happy even if it meant hurting my feelings?"

"But it'd end in you being happy, Lo. That's all I care about."

"But what if you make me happy? Then would you never hurt my feelings?"

"Yes. But what if I did something wrong? Something that would cause me to be the devil, the intense pain of your world? Your heart? Then what?"

"Camz-"

"Once I do something wrong, and I know I will, I'll be the one hurting you and- to take myself away from you to make you happy? It'd be a pleasure to be that cause of happiness at the end."