Chapter 85: One New Voicemail

Shoutout to OtterBeeMe on Quotev and Deviantart for the amazing fanart linked here!

OtterBeeMe:

 https://www.Deviantart.com/OtterBeeMe

Pink Diamond Mural:

 https://www.deviantart.com/otterbeeme/art/Pink-Diamonds-Favorite-Human-Mural-816865313

Pink Diamond Mural 2

https://www.deviantart.com/otterbeeme/art/Another-Mural-816928155

Comic of the Opening

https://www.deviantart.com/otterbeeme/art/No-Rest-For-The-Weary-816669943

Comic Part 1

https://www.deviantart.com/otterbeeme/art/Chapter1-Beach-City-Part1-817643839

Stick around until the end for an announcement~ 

-------------

Y/n laughed to themselves as they paced around their room, looking at the photo their mother had sent them. It was almost impossible to see it as the sun poured into the room, filling it with warm radiating light. Y/n went to their window and pulled the blinds down halfway. "No I don't remember at all, Ma." Y/n admitted, their phone at their side.

"I suppose you wouldn't... You couldn't have been older than four when you drew it," M/n told, "There's a whole box full of drawings of you and her. Should I keep them?"

"Eh, I dunno. They're kind of creepy to be honest." Y/n said as they squinted at the picture. "I don't even remember having an imaginary friend."

"Oh you certainly did have one." M/n laughed. "She taught you piano."

"...I don't play piano." Y/n said blankly.

"I know!" M/n laughed again. "But you always said she taught you!"

Y/n sighed as they stared out the window. "Good to know I was still weird as an actual baby."

"Oh, stop it." M/n hummed. "I'll set these aside for now. You can call me when you make a decision."

"Sure thing. Love you." Y/n said.

"I love you too, honey. Bye."

"Bye." Y/n muttered as they hung up the phone.

As Y/n ended the call, they frowned as they noticed a new voicemail notification. Nobody had called them this morning beside their mom.

"You have: One new message. Saturday, nine thirty six p.m."

Y/n put the phone on speaker and set it aside as they began to get ready.

"Y/n, hey. It's Lars, um... Listen... I... could really use some advice right now, friend to friend. You're brave and all, and I was wondering, um... Actually, could I come over and talk? This is hard to do on the phone... alone..."

A pang of guilt jerked Y/n's heart as they heard him let out a small laugh through the phone. Backing out of voicemail, Y/n hurriedly called Lars, eager to apologize to him. They tapped their thigh impatiently as the phone kept ringing and ringing and ringing, eventually going to voicemail.

"Hey," Y/n said. "Sorry I didn't get your call last night. I just wanted to apologize and see if you still wanted to talk! If not, I get it. I'm really, really sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you, okay? Text me later, alright? Seeya."

Sighing, they hung up and put their phone in their pants pocket, looking out the window. He was probably still asleep anyway. Y/n stood in place for a bit, collecting their thoughts before straightening out their shirt and quickly stomping down the stairs and onto the boardwalk. On their way to the temple, they glanced through the doors of the Big Donut, a bit confused that they were closed at this time. Nonetheless, they continued forward to their destination, taking a deep breath as they walked through the temple door.