Chapter 21

Daniel's pov

I nervously wore suit and fixed my tie while looking in the mirror. I hoped I looked good enough for layla.

I looked in the clock and saw it was 6:55 pm. Layla was going to leave now.

I opened my door and waited for her to come out. Finally at 7:05 she came out. I fell down. Literally. She looked absolutely gorgeous. A goddess. The dress she was wearing was really beautiful.

She had done a diffrent hairstyle as well

She had done a diffrent hairstyle as well. She looked so beautiful. Shit!

I wanted to take her in my arms and hide her there forever. Today at the party there were going to be a few other men as well and I did not want anyone else to look at her. She looked stunning. If we were together right now then I would...... My thoughts just started running wild. I snapped myself out of those thoughts.

She started locking her door and didn't notice I was there.

'You look stunning.' I said and her she looked up surprised. 'Thanks. I wore my best dress since I really didn't know what to wear.'

'You are looking beautiful.' I complimented her again. She would look beautiful even while wearing a potato sack. The dress did not make her look beautiful it was her who made the dress stand out.

'Thanks a lot. I will meet you there.' she said and started walking towards the elevator.

'Why don't we use this?' I asked her pointing towards the other elevator. 'Isn't it your private elevator?' she asked. 'Yes, it is but I will never mind you using it. Come on.' I told her.

'Daniel....' she started saying. 'Come on layla, we are getting late.' I told her and grabbed her hand. We both stepped out of the elevator and she started walking towards the entrance and I was right behind her.

My driver was aldready there with a car. She was about to go in a diffrent direction when I asked her,' Layla, where are you going? Come, sit in the car.' I said opening the car door for her.

'I am taking the bus.' she said. 'Mom will never forgive me if we lived in the same place and I let you come alone.' I said. 'Daniel...' she said. 'Layla, you don't trust me?' I asked her. 'It's not like that Daniel.' she said

'You have already helped me a lot.' she continued. I walked towards her and said, 'I never helped layla, I just returned the help you provided me with.' I told her holding her hand. 'Let's go, come on.' I said.

'Fine... OK.' Layla said. I opened the car door for her and helped her sit in the car. The driver looked surprised because I never did that for anyone. Well, layla was my queen and she deserved to be treated like one.

The drive over there was short. I opened the car door for layla to get out. 'I could have done it myself.' Layla said. 'Well, I didn't want a beautiful lady to have any kind of trouble.' I told her and she chuckled. 'Beautiful?' she asked while laughing.

I was about to say something but by that time we aldready reached the entrance and my mom squealed in delight.

'Honey, you two are here.' she said hugging me and layla. 'You look absolutely stunning layla.' my mom complimented her. 'You two look so good, come on, first of first, we are taking a picture with dad.' she said holding both our hands and leading us to where dad was sitting.

He looked overjoyed to see us. Mom sat down next to him and me and layla stood behind their chairs together.

Everyone looked surprised to see us. I had never really posed for an official picture with a girl before especially with my parents.

We clicked pictures and my mom said, 'Well, those would be wonderful family portraits.' 'Family portraits?' Layla asked.

'Yeah, you are our family layla.' my dad said. Layla smiled brightly at them and quickly wiped a tear without anyone noticing.

'Oh, you two should go and grab something to eat and drink. We have speeches and dance later.' my mom said.

Layla talked with my parents a little bit more and then went off to the food counter.

I decided to talk with my family around. My cousins and all. One of them asked me,' Is she your girlfriend? ' while pointing at layla.

'Yeah, she is and I am very serious about her.' I said looking at all of them especially my male cousins because i did not want any of them making moves on her.

Finally after some time we had the cake cutting and dinner. I was genuinely happy when mom and dad looked so overjoyed with everything. I looked at layla who was clicking pictures of my parents on her phone with a huge smile on her face.

When the dinner was being served I saw layla searching for a table. 'Where are you going honey?' my mom asked her. 'I was....' she started saying pointing at the tables. 'You are not going there. You are sitting with us. Come on.' my mom said.

I intentionally sat beside her. We all talked, had fun. Many relatives came to meet us. One of my aunts whispered in my ear, 'You chose well.' pointing at layla who was eating. I smiled.

My parents house was huge. We had a ballroom connected to the dining room so that people could sit on the table and could also watch people dance.

The music began playing. Slowly many couples started pouring in on the dance floor. Everyone having fun. My dad was still recovering so he gave my mom a kiss at the table.

My mom said, 'Daniel, why don't you and layla go dance together?' 'Aunt...' Layla started saying. 'I don't want the two of you to spoil your fun because of me. Go.' He said.

'May I have this dance?' I finally asked her extending out my hand. 'You... You may.' Layla said.

I lead her on the dance floor. I kept one of my hands of her waist and she kept one of hers on my shoulder. While dancing I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

I had everything planned out so I signaled to the dj and he started playing slow sensual rwntic songs for couples.

I slowed down my step and leaned a little a closer to layla. 'I am not stepping on your shoes right?' she asked me nervously. I laughed out loud. How adorable.

'No, you are not.' I said. 'Can you wait for me for a second. You know what, don't wait, just come with me.' I said.

'BUT where?' she asked me. 'You'll see.' I said taking her hand and leading her forward.

I went to my head butler, 'Everything is prepared and you didn't tell anyone?' I whispered in his ear so that layla wouldn't hear. 'Yes sir.' He said.

'Great, see to it that no one comes and disturbs us.' I told him. He nodded and then dimmed the lights in the party hall.

'Where are you taking me Daniel?' Layla asked as I held her hand and lead her up the stairs.

'Just wait layla. You will not regret it.' I told her pulling her forward.

Finally tonight she will be mine. I will pour my heart out to her.

My layla.