Chapter 17

Mia and Sage were doing their homework in the Great Hall like a few other students, although most of them were enjoying the day in other parts of the castle.

"Why can't we go to the library?" Mia asked with a grimace on her face.

"Come on, it's only decorated like this once a year. It does have a certain charm, doesn't it?" Sage smiled.

Mia glanced around the room, frowning at the pink flowers on the walls and the confetti that kept falling down on them.

"How many cards did you receive again?" Sage asked.

"Six, but two of them were from James," she rolled her eyes.

Sage straightened her posture with a smug expression on her face. "I got seven."

"Go, girl," Mia said unenthusiastically.

Just when Sage was about to say something else, a parchment landed in front of Mia that was folded into the shape of an arrow. Groaning quietly, she unfolded it and read the words out loud.

"All the good words, they've all been said
To our only Malfoy princess
Her blood so pure, but heart so cold
Family vault full of gold
I love her, but I am ignored
I'd serve her if she was the Dark Lord
Though she is not, she has a nose
And as a gift, here is a rose"

When she finished reading, a sparkling, pink rose appeared on the table in front of her.

"Whoever wrote this," Mia muttered, "is clearly not a Ravenclaw. I could only be a Dark Lady, not a Dark Lord. Besides, am I supposed to be flattered by this? They basically called me an ignorant... what's a nice word for bitch?"

Sage chuckled. "Well, they also called you a princess."

"And a rich pure-blood," Mia added, "with a nose."

"Who is it from?" Sage took the parchment from her to examine it.

"It's not signed," she shrugged, "therefore their efforts were absolutely worthless. Although I bet they wouldn't actually serve me if I became a Dark Lady, they don't even have it in them to tell me who they are. What a coward," she scoffed.

"It's a pretty rose, though," Sage looked at the sparkling flower.

"It's a simple rose with a simple charm cast on it, not too impressive. Could've been done by a somewhat talented first-year, even."

"Big sis not happy with her Valentines?"

Frowning, Mia turned her head and saw Kaden standing next to them, who was in the company of Albus.

"Oh, hi," Mia greeted them. "What are you two doing here?"

"We came here to get some work done, obviously," Kaden rolled his eyes. "Can we join you?"

"Sure," she shrugged.

"Great!"

He nudged the Slytherin, then waked to the other side of the table and took a seat on the bench.

"Uh..." Albus started scratching the back of his neck after he sat down next to Mia. "I see your day is going quite well?" He asked, gesturing towards the rose.

"Not really," she sighed. "They are rather annoying, to be honest. What about you?"

His eyes widened. "Oh, I – I didn't... I didn't get anything."

"You didn't?" Kaden knitted his eyebrows. "Blimey, even I got a card!"

"Congrats?" Albus shrugged.