~ Chapter 40 ~ (The Infinity Train)

"Kyujoro Rengoku, thank you for coming. I have a mission for you. It seems the situation might be dire" Kagaya said in a dark room of his mansion with the flame pillar in front of him.

"I will do my best Oyakata-sama!" Kyojuro said being cheerfully eccentric as always. "I know you would, you're one of the best in the corps after all." Kagaya said smiling warmly as usual.

"As I said before, there's a mission I need you to investigate. It's about a train called the infinity train." Kagaya said looking at Kyojuro.

"In such a short period of time, there's already 40 people reported missing on this train. I have sent a few slayers to investigate this matter. However, all of them went silent and never reported back from their mission."

"This is why I need you as a pillar to investigate into this matter. There's a chance that the twelve Kizuki are involved."

"You can find the train tonight because the train is set to stop at the nearest train station this evening before moving to another."

"Goodluck Kyojuro and I hope for the best" Kagaya told the flame pillar. "Thank you Oyakata-sama! I will not let you down" Kyojuro said in determination.

Kyojuro then leave out of the room and walk out from the Ubayashiki's manor. Now, Kagaya just sit by himself alone in the dark. The only source of light right now is the tall lamp in the corner of the room.

"You heard everything right?"....

"(Y/N)..." Kagaya said alone by himself. In the dark side of the room where the light didn't reach, a dark figure stood silently. The figures eyes opened and his eyes are bright red.

The figure walked into the light and stood in front of Kagaya

The figure walked into the light and stood in front of Kagaya. It was indeed (Y/N). Kagaya smiled at (Y/N) direction as if he can see him even though he is blind.

"Is that all? Is there anything else you want to tell me?" (Y/N) asked. "No, there's nothing else. Everything I told Kyujoro is everything you need to know." Kagaya said.

"Thank you for helping us as always (Y/N). I'm sorry for interrupting you with missions as a favor even though you're not a member of the corps."

"I believe you're eyes can see what the others could not. Who knows, with you there, you could save more lives and reduce the casualties."

"Do whatever as you see fit, I believe you always know what to do. I will reward you with anything you wanted for all the things you have done" Kagaya told (Y/N).

"No... You don't have to reward me Kagaya. You have done more than enough by keeping 'the two of them' save for all these years. That's all I could ever ask for." (Y/N) said before he vanished out of thin air.

Kagaya smiled by himself. "No (Y/N), it wasn't me who keeping them save. It is you all along." Kagaya said alone by himself.

"You truly are a kind boy...."