27

THIRD POV

Licht immediately look at her as guilt filled his eyes. ". . . Your previous life. . . is a mistake." he exclaimed slowly making Viola eyes widened in surprise, signing him to continue.

"In your previous life, you was kidnapped by your mother's family when you was 5 years old. I panicked. Really am." he exclaimed sadly with a sad smile.

"Just like that, I immediately search a random girl for something.
That's where I found a girl, her name is Violette. She was very similar to you back then. But unlike you, she had black eyes and brown hair, completely ordinary. She lives in orphanage and unloved."

Viola's eyes went wide by the new information about her own life that she didn't even know.

"I would say she's a total brat. But I didn't really care about her. The fact that she's alive and have a healthy body was enough for me. That's why. . . ." he stopped for a moment, getting nervous by the second.

But then, he give in and sighed deeply. "I exchanged her soul with yours with the help of the devil. . . Violette will live unloved her whole life in exchange and all of the impact goes to her. I don't really care if bad things goes to her. You could say I used black magic but Violette possessed the trait."

"B-black magic?"

"One of the specialties of the Univers family have is being able to see the human soul. When Viola (Violette) was found, the Duke was delighted. However, her soul is different, that's why the duke immediately treated Viola (Violette) coldly because she's not the real Viola. When Violette (Viola) went to the household, all families immediately realized the soul. It was your soul."

". . . My. . . soul?"

"In addition to this, they love Violette (Viola) but unfortunately, Viola (Violette) was very jealous and bullied Violette (Viola). After that, Viola (Violette) was executed for attempting murder. However, Violette (Viola) died because her soul keeps. . . . slipping from her body." he gulped, getting nervous to continue his story.

"I became anxious. I turned back the time by positioning the soul in each other's rightful body. But unfortunately, a piece of your soul left behind inside Violette which made her born with violet eyes. Because Violette has violet eyes from birth, a noble brought Violette to be locked up in a mansion unlike the first life where she stayed in the orphanage until I switch your souls. That's why she has her current personality." he ended the little story he has as he lift his head.

". . . But somehow you inherited the memories of Violette that got executed as Viola. Since the two of you switched souls in the first place."

"T-that means. . ."

". . . Yeah. Your family loves you nonetheless because they can see soul. And your soul is inside Violette's body and her soul is inside yours. That's why you are loved but in the end. . . tragedy is everywhere. That's why I turned back time and place the soul in their original body. Remember, you are a child that is always loved by your family. . . it's not you who bullied her. . . it's her that bullied you. It's not you that got executed, it's her. But like I said, you inherited Violette's memories."

"Then. . . What about Violette?"

"She's dead but somehow. . . your piece of soul made her alive however. . . it's already consumed by the devil made her filled with the black magic I used."

"Why did you do this?"

"I just wanted to keep you alive! I thought you were dead! That's why I switched your soul to a random girl!"

Silence filled the random void around them.

However, it doesn't make Viola's life better because the fact that she inherited Violette memories was just like her own.

For him telling her that was just a mere bedtime story and hard to believe.

It didn't change a thing except changing the fact and truth that she's digging.

Licht's eyes went wide the moment he sees her dead, hopeless eyes. There's no light or warmth inside it.

"Licht, what happened to me right now?" she asked, straightly to the point while looking at him coldly.

". . . You're controlled by your previous self. Right now, you're fighting the Imperial Knights and it went out smoothly." he exclaimed while looking back at her.

-

On Glenn's way to the hall, he meet with Caden who is also running towards there.

"Going to the Emperor?" Caden asked while panting, exhausted from all the running.

Glenn stopped on his tracks as he nodded while looking at Caden then he recognise his face.

"You're from the Albrecht Dukedom?" he casually asked as he nodded.

"I'm on Duke Univers side." he exclaimed while pointing at himself with his thumb as Glenn nodded in understatement.

But when they wants to run again, they were blocked by a certain familiar figure who is the father of Caden.

"Go back, kids."

". . . Well, shit." Caden exclaimed as he pull out his sword. Glenn just look at his movements, confused.

"What are you-"

"He's on the Emperor's side."

After stating that, Glenn's eyes widened as he also pulled out his sword, getting ready to fight Duke Aaron.

"I'm quite sad that my son raise a sword against me."

"Like I could care less!" Caden exclaimed while getting ready to charge at his own father.

But before he could reach his blade towards him, Aaron raise his hand and flew him away.

Glenn didn't accept that as he also charged at Aaron with full force using his speed.

But just like Caden, Aaron easily flew him away.

Glenn felt numb as he slowly get up and grit his teeth angrily. "Bastard. . ." he exclaimed while looking at Aaron, who is looking at them with a smile.

"Oi." Glenn called out to Caden that is slowly getting up as Caden turned his head towards him.

"What?"

"You don't mind if I kill him, right?" Glenn dangerously asked as his nails turned longer and sharper. His pupil turned black with red sclera.

"Let me help you with that." Caden exclaimed with a wide grin as Glenn return it with a wide smile.

There was stillness on both sides. If hatred was visible the air would have been scarlet.

Then suddenly movement, so much force in every blow. Glenn rained blows at Aaron as if he meant to smash him into the very earth as Caden followed behind him.

However, Aaron easily dodge them by attacking them back with his sword to Caden.

Caden felt the pain and saw the second blow come for his abdomen but Glenn saved him by slashing off Aaron's hand that held the sword.

Then there was the rageful scream coming from Aaron himself.