FIFTEEN| ... - .- -.--

"Like tomorrow night maybe. We can talk, hang out, a-and you can sleep on the couch or something if you want... But you don't have to of course! You can just leave when it gets late."

Jimin quickly released your hand as nervous tremors made his palm twitch. His face had yet to truly lessen in pinkness and still looked quite colored after the happening in the Ferris wheel. He himself wasn't sure why he was acting such a way and attempted to gather his previously confident and flirty persona, but it was no where to be found. 

Instead, he began playing with his fingers shyly as he looked down; not exactly knowing how you would respond to his abrupt suggestion. The beauty of you to him was this in itself. He never knew how you would  react to anything, leading curiosity and a willingness to know you grow stronger within him with every unique exchange. 

At first you said nothing and blinked as his words and odd shyness washed over you. Then they fully hit and you slowly felt excitement grow within your chest.

"Wait like... a sleepover? Having fun and stuff? NOT dancing, hanging out?!" The more you spoke the more your face brightened, and Jimin looked up in surprise to see how enthusiastically you were responding in contrast to the awkwardness of just moments before. 

"Uh, yeah..." a small unsure smile perked at his lips as he rubbed the back of his neck. "If you want?"

"Yeah! Sounds fun!" 

You were beaming at the prospect of what he was suggesting while the male watched in awe. One might wonder why you were so eager to spend such secluded and personal time with he who had apparently played a part in your death, accidental or not. One might also wonder why you were so trusting to enter the hotel room of he who had just moments previously allowed his lips to dangerously near yours. 

The answer was simple. Deep down, you felt an odd connection to your dance partner that was now built on trust and admiration. Without memories, you didn't care so much about your death. In death itself, all you ever had to go off of was your feelings, and the way you felt around Jimin was safe and warm. He was after all the closest thing you had to a best friend, and you wondered how important companionship had been to you in life. It must had mattered something awful, because right then no matter how emotionally drained you were, a sudden warmth and excitement was flooding your pulse with the simple notion of spending time with Park Jimin in a manner that wasn't related to memories in any way.

"Does it?" Jimin continued to question in surprise, a bit taken aback himself on how trustworthy and confident you were on the matter. It had been his suggestion of course and he had his motives as to why he had suddenly invited you over, but upon further thought he knew how sudden and suspicious it had been. You didn't seem to care and nodded enthusiastically.

"Tomorrow night you said? I'll just come after work if that's OK. And I can talk to you about what I've been meaning to tell you." You weren't facing him as you excitedly conjured the plan and he stared at you silently. After a few heartbeats and decisions on your part, you turned your head forwards to see him staring and he shyly looked down as soon as he was caught. You crinkled your nose in confusion and tilted your head a bit.

He was acting strange.

"What's wrong with you?" You questioned shamelessly, momentarily forgetting everything regarding the recent drama and moment in the passenger cart. "Are you OK?"

"Just fine." He was quick to respond, and swallowed the thick heat in his throat as he attempted a confident smirk. It definitely came out as shaky and unsure. "It's just hot out here."

It was freezing.

You looked at him strangely before deciding it was best to go your separate ways for the night. You prayed he could sleep without guilt and hoped that he wasn't acting strangely because he was still holding onto the notion that your death had been entirely his fault.