Chapter forty-nine

———
Picture of Story
——————-
Don't forget to comment and vote!
——————————-

Shannon's POV

Dinner went smoothly surprisingly, my mother kept up her good girl act in front of Lucas. Dante has been staring me down cautiously. Alexis has been happily talking and stuffing her mouth with food. Lucas has been talkative as well and has been showing me and Story attention, at one point I've became calm.

Sadly that all vanished when the men left the table to go and watch the football game or something. Dante and Lucas didn't want to leave, but the guys kept on suggesting it along with my sister and mother. Now I'm sitting here in front of my sister while the women talk down about me in front of us. All Alexis can do is give me a sorry look. It's sad really, to have an older sister who won't stick up for you.

What's even more fucked up is that if the roles were reversed, there wouldn't be any hesitation. Pregnant or not I would've been stuck up for her, and unlike her I've proven that over the years.

It be your own family.

At this point I don't even care, I feel numb to it now. I'm just letting shit take its course. I can see my mother is finding this amusing. As many times as I was called ugly today, they actually have me starting to believe it. Tracy hasn't shut up about her and Lucas so called connection, and frankly I don't care. They would make a cute couple together, why not go for it.

This is it I'm tired of it all, I am twenty-three years old. Meaning I've been through twenty-three years of bullshit after after bullshit. I'm fed up! I am officially an angry black women. I'm tired of not having the support I need from family, friends, and significant others. I'm tired of it damnit, and after today I'm dropping everyone. After the twenty-two years it took me to suppress the years of abuse and neglect, only took a couple hours for it to come back.

I've been crying on the inside since Lucas brought this shit up and my soul literally feels drained. The woman I have built of myself is over it, I hate to say it but it's time for me pick myself back up again.

"STOP IT!" Story yells.

Causing me to jump in my seat, and bring me out of my thoughts.

"STOP BEING MEAN TOWARDS MY MOMMY!" she yells, at the women at this table. "She hasn't done nothing to you, she has been quiet this whole night so stop bullying her!"

Story...

"Story!—" Alexis tries to scold.

"No!" Story shouts, at Alexis. "My mommy is beautiful and smart and has money just like you guys! She is also strong, so making her feel bad!"

It's a shame that your own child has to stick up for you.

Pushing my seat back I stand up, fed up with it all.

"Story let's go." I demand, keeping my eyes on Alexis.

"But mommy—"

"Let's go." I say, sternly.

She then gets up from her seat with her crayons and paper. Grabbing her hand we walk out the dining hall.

"Mommy, I didn't mean to make you upset it was just that they were making me mad because of all the bad things they were saying." Story, explains trying to keep up with my pace.

Opening the closet door I take our coats out and put her crayons and stuff in my purse. Squatting down I help her out her coat on and to pull her into a bone crushing hug.