37

After all of the calls with my relatives, immediate and distant, I was glad to be able to spend the rest of my day doing whatever the hell I wanted

After all of the calls with my relatives, immediate and distant, I was glad to be able to spend the rest of my day doing whatever the hell I wanted. Which was spending the day with my best friend. Best friends. Plural.

Me: Get your ass over here.

Lexi: I'm downstairs birthday boy.

I quickly get dressed, putting on a white t-shirt that seems to have gotten tighter than it was a couple of weeks ago. Working out my sexual frustration in the gym is going to result in all of my shirts being stretched. Jeans go on next and I run my fingers through my hair before I bound downstairs.

"Happy Birthday!" A chorus of people yell. Guys from the team that don't live here are present and I smile despite just wanting to spend the day with my closest friends.

The table is laid out with all sorts of foods and I'm grateful for the effort of everyone. "Cheers, everyone. This is great." I sit and some of them follow suit, the rest come up to me and patting my shoulders, wishing me a happy birthday and then leaving.

"So what are we doing today?" Faye asks and I shrug.

"I hadn't really thought about it. Anybody have any ideas?" I ask looking right at Lexi. Her eyes spark with a thought and I raise my eyebrows.

"I've got one that I think you'll like. We can go whenever. It's not an all-day thing." She says mysteriously and shoves a piece of bacon in her mouth.

"I've got to meet up with you guys later. Text me. See ya man." Maddox says before he walks out of the kitchen. The front door opens and closes loud enough for us to hear it.

Conversations go on around me, but I can't help but watch Lexi. Today, she has on an extremely distracting red t-shirt that is cropped to show her stomach, but also buttons up in the front. Two of the buttons look like they physically couldn't be pushed together if you tried to close them over her cleavage.

"Hey. If you're not too busy staring at Lexi's boobs, maybe you'd like to tell us what you want to do today? Unless that's it." Luke says, all of them laughing their asses off at my expense, including the girl in question.

Lexi simply rolls her eyes but I notice the faint red blush showing even on her tan skin, the only giveaway that it has any effect on her. I blow out a breath, stretching my arms above my head and wince at the way the fabric of my sleeves dig into my biceps uncomfortably when I do so.

"Oh my god, the two of you!" Faye exclaims, noticing at the same time as I do how Lexi's eyes are glued to my arms overhead. Lowering them slowly, I wink at her and she sends me a smile full of sarcasm.

"I don't know. Maybe we could just chill here. I've been so worried about school and footy, maybe we could just have a relaxing day, until we go to that surprise thing." I say.

"It's up to you man. I'm down for whatever." Reece says with his signature easy smile and everyone else shrugs.

"How about Monopoly?"