Ch. 38 - Vacation Pt. 1

Song: Our Way Out by Nico Collins
Words: 2343
Published: September 6th, 2020
Third Person POV

Today is the day.

For the past week, Rayna has continued to relax, but she has also been planning what to do with the River Shine Pack members with the help of Harley and a pack official he introduced her to. Harley has been spending his time working and planning their vacation, along with helping Rayna a bit here and there.

It's Wednesday, the day the two get to leave for their vacation.

It is currently 7:02 A.M., and Harley just woke Rayna up. He's already gotten ready and has retreated to his office to make some last minute arrangements. He only told her that she has to be ready to leave by 8 o'clock.

She quickly gets out of bed, rubbing her eyes. She yawns and stretches before heading into the shower.

They already have all of their bags packed. Harley helped her pack since he's been on trips more times than he can remember. He also bought her doubles of everything besides clothes (e.g. a new hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, conditioner, sketch book, etc.). Harley told her what climate she should be prepared for without giving much away. "Somewhat cold but not too cold." She packed eight outfits to be safe and a few other extra just-in-case things.

She washes her hair with shampoo and conditioner and uses her favorite body wash, feeling nice and clean. She then dries off and realizes that she didn't bring any clothes into the bathroom with her. She brushes and dries her hair, wraps a towel around her, and steps out of the bathroom.

Harley must still be in his office, as he isn't there, so she quickly walks around the bed to the closet. She gets dressed into a fresh pair of underwear, sweatpants, a sports bra, a tank top, and one of Harley's hoodies. Harley had told her to wear warm clothes that she can easily take off. She also puts on a pair of fluffy socks she got a while ago, which make her smile. Next, she puts on her favorite pair of tennis shoes, as they're comfortable to her.

She steps out of the closet right as Harley enters the bedroom. He turns to face her, and he instantly smiles.

"Mornin', baby," he says. They meet each other at the foot of the bed and hug each other. "I like your outfit. It makes you smell like me."

She smiles, slightly blushing, and hums.

"Let's go have breakfast," Harley suggests, giving Rayna a kiss on the top of her head.

*~*~*~*

After breakfast, the clock reads 7:36. Rayna heads back into the bedroom while Harley goes to the garage to check on their bags. All of their suitcases are already at the airport, as Harley is the Alpha King and obviously has a lot of money because of that meaning he gets special and convenient things, so just their carry-on's are left in Harley's truck.

She takes a seat in the bay window and just looks through the glass to the woods below.

Her hands start to feel sweaty, so she rubs them on her sweatpants. She ties her hair up using the hair-tie on her wrist, and she takes some deep breaths to slow her racing heart.

After a few minutes, Harley walks into the bedroom.

"Are you ready, baby?" he asks excitedly, walking over to her.

She nods, but keeps her eyes fixed on the window, and she isn't smiling like he is.

His smile falls. "Is something wrong?" he asks, concerned.

She shakes her head and turns towards him. "I'm sorry. I know I should be excited. I'm just nervous," she admits. Like she told him the first time they talked about this trip, she's only ever flown on a plane once, and that's when she was really young.