31 - Pizza at the Potter's

"So," Percy said, picking the pepperoni off of his pizza and depositing them on the side of my plate, "are you going to tell us what you invited us here for, or not?"

"All in good time big brother," Ginny grinned mysteriously, "first Harry, off you go and fetch the champagne. Nothing is being revealed until I have bubbles in my glass."

Harry, who had just been about to take a bite of pizza, glanced up; a flicker of irritation crossing his features.

"I've been working hard all day," he whined. "Can't you get it?"

"And you think looking after a fucking baby isn't hard work?!" Ginny spat. "I'd like to see you giving it a fucking go as I swivel about all day long in a comfy chair whilst my big tittied assistant brings me endless cups of tea!"

"I'll have you know that Annie is-"

"OH, SO IT'S ANNIE NOW, IS IT?!"

"I'll get it!" I said at once, jumping to my feet before another wizarding war could break out in the Potter's living room.

However, a hand clamped on my arm preventing me from leaving, and I looked down to see Percy shaking his head at me.

"Don't be silly, Ivy," he said, coaxing me back down to my seat, "you've been working hard all day, too."

I felt a wave of guilt wash over me which wasn't helped when Harry's eyes met mine.

I hadn't told Percy about the extra time I was spending with Draco, suspecting somehow that he wouldn't approve. I knew how much he hated that I had to spend any time with him at all as it was, somehow convinced that being around a Death Eater was placing my life in mortal danger.

I waited with bated breath for Harry to say something, but was relieved when he didn't; instead, he threw down his slice of pizza with a heavy sigh and got resignedly to his feet.

"I'll bloody get it then," he muttered moodily. "Anything for a quiet life."

When he returned five minutes later, with four fresh flutes, Ginny excitedly snatched the bottle from under his arm and immediately popped it open.

Percy and I exchanged a bewildered glance as Harry passed around the glasses.

"You don't think they're going to ask us to adopt the baby, do you?" Percy murmured quite perplexedly under his breath.

"Nope, even better," Ginny said, her face glowing red as she raised her glass. "We wanted to know if you two would do the honours of becoming little James's godparents? We couldn't think of two better people for the job!"

"Well," Harry grumbled, frowning at his wife. "I did suggest Ron and Herm-"

"YOU PICKED THE FUCKING NAMES, HARRY, DESPITE THE FACT THAT I LITERALLY SPLIT MY BODY IN TWO GETTING THE LITTLE SOD OUT, SO I THINK THE LEAST I GET TO DO IS PICK THE FUCKING GODPARENTS, DON'T YOU?!"

A tiny cry sounded out from somewhere upstairs causing Ginny to groan dramatically and roll her eyes.

"Now look what you made me do!" she hissed angrily at Harry. "MUM! SHUT THAT BABY UP WILL YOU?! I'M TRYING TO MAKE A FUCKING TOAST DOWN HERE!"

"Yes, dear!" Molly's voice drifted down through the ceiling. "I'm on it!"

"I didn't know Mum was here," Percy said, "why didn't she come down and say hello?"

"Because Ginny told her to stay out of the way," Harry sighed heavily, rolling his eyes disapprovingly.

"Well I can't have the hired help ruining the ambience, can I?" Ginny spluttered. "She'll start serving tea or some shit if I let her loose down here."