MMIQ, Pilot Script / Draft

Hi lovelies! ❤️

I usually post this note at the end of a chapter, however since this 'chapter' is different I'm doing it here. 

I'll be sharing the pilot script I wrote for MMIQ -- it was done as a sample script for a contest. It covers the first 5 chapters of MMIQ, so if you haven't read those yet SPOILER ALERT, haha. 

I recommend reading the first 5 chapters first -- there's definitely more details included. :) I've uploaded the script just in case some are interested in reading it, and seeing the slight differences. 

There aren't a lot of differences (definitely nothing that alters the story), but I hope you'll enjoy reading it anyway! It was definitely a very fun challenge for me to write. Let me know how you like it! 

Oh, also in case anyone isn't familiar with screenwriting terms V/O means voice over, O/S means off screen, BEAT is like a short pause. 

Also, I'm still learning screenwriting and am a noob, so don't expect the best script ever, haha. BUT I hope you enjoy it anyway! 

 BUT I hope you enjoy it anyway! 

COLD OPEN

FADE IN:

INT. APARTMENT, AIMEE'S BEDROOM -- NIGHT 1

A LAPTOP is open on an otherwise bare desk. On the screen, there's an IMAGE showing the human body's anatomy.

The room is silent, but soon the silence is pierced by the sound of a loud moan.

Next, we see a SHELF against the wall right next to the desk. It's aligned with BOOKS, and a small DNA SCULPTURE, all of which are now shuddering in rhythm with the growing moans.

Suddenly, a FIST slams against the wall.

AIMEE

Fuck!

AIMEE, 20 years young but growing a decade older by the day, is sitting on her bed. Her ash blonde hair is pulled up in a messy bun, her face contorted in utter disgust.

She slams her fist against the wall another TWO TIMES, just for good measure, and lets out a heavy breath.

The moans have temporarily stopped, replaced with silent whispers and giggles coming through the walls, but they soon return in force.

AIMEE

Damn it, he's unbelievable!

Aimee, clearly distraught, tries to collect the notes and papers strewn about her bed.

AIMEE (V/O)

There are more than 90 billion nerves in a human body...

We can glimpse drawings of the human nervous, skeletal and musculatory systems that seem to have been done by hand, along with an anatomy textbook.

AIMEE (V/O)