29. Too late

~song of the day~
Girls need love - Summer Walker

  ~song of the day~    Girls need love - Summer Walker

Gray's POV

I step on the gas pedal and watch Kelch as she outstretched her arms through the window, the wind blowing in her curls.

Her ice cream was beginning to melt in the cup, but she was too busy enjoying the view of the night.

She turns to look at me, and I pry my eyes away from her, returning my gaze to the empty road. It was 1:30 am, but there were little to no cars to the road.

She takes a bite of her ice cream, and a small moan escapes her lips. "Mint chocolate is the best ice cream flavor ever. Change my mind, " She grins.

"You know we'd have saved a lot of money if we had just bought Colgate and placed it in the fridge, " I shrug, a smirk on my lips. "We'd just sprinkle some-, "

Kelch rolls her eyes at me and increases the sound of the radio, draining my voice out. I laugh and shake my head as she starts dancing to the beat of the music, twisting and grinding her hips on the chair.

I wish I were the chair right now. Shut up, pervert.

She stops dancing and starts singing when the song gets to a part she knows, the screeching sound of her voice piercing the air. "I GeT OvErWhElmEd So EaSilY, My AnXiEtY CrEePs iNsIdE oF mE, mAkEs iT HaRD To BrEAthE."

I place my hand over my left ear, failing to protect my eardrums as she keeps singing the wrong lyrics off-key.

She turns to me again with a smile, and my heart melts at the sight of her delighted face. If singing off-key made her that happy, then I guess I could bear it.

I bring my hand down from my ear and try to sing along with her. I've heard the song a few times and figured I could hum along to it.

When the chorus comes up again, I see along with her, smiling along with her as she sang.

Suddenly, she stops singing and turns to look at me with a straight face. "Can you not sing that way? We don't want the witches of the night to think we're summoning them," She teases, creasing her forehead in a frown.

My smile flatters. "Wow, " I say, feigning hurt. I bite the inside of my cheeks and return my gaze to the road.

A panicked expression quickly overtakes her face, and she reduces the radio before staring down at her hands. "I was just joking, " She mutters in a low voice.

My heart tugs at how cute she sounded, and I couldn't stop myself from grinning again. "I know, babe, " I reply in a reassuring tone.

I freeze for a split second when I realize what I just called her. It has been a very long time since I've called anyone babe. I had been very careful not to try and act possessive in front of her, but it just came out naturally.