¬ 2

LOSER CLUB - CHAPTER TWO 

(Hamster Pipes)

"Cause, all my life I've been fighting."

Walking down the steps of the school, Layla and Ray talked about random things until a voice filled their ears, "Well, well, well. Everybody gather round, it's the Marsh twins 2.0? Did mommy and daddy not want you?" Henry and his gang stepped in front of them, "I'm sure you'll be going down the same path soon." Layla spoke up, a wave of confidence washing over her, "Watch your mouth, Marsh." Henry sneered motioning for the other 3 to surround them. The sisters shared an uneasy glance seeing that they were now stuck in a square with no way out, "Run for it?" Ray whispered looking to her sister who subtly nodded, they both counted down from three in their heads before trying to make their move and running off. Sadly the plan didn't work, Belch and Henry grabbed Layla and Victor and Patrick grabbed Ray the both of them were put into choke hold. 

Patrick's grip around Ray's neck got stronger and stronger by the second, "P-at-rick. St-op." she slapped his arm repeatedly but did no damage, her eyes drifted to her sister, she saw her red face from the lack of oxygen and how her head was slowly going up and down as she tried to stay conscious. Black dots clouded their vision that was until the sound of a walky talky filled their ears and the pressure around their necks disappeared, "What do we have here?" and officer walked up to them, "N-Nothing." Henry said showing hints of cowdercy, "You two kids go home, you four with me." when Ray and Layla heard this they ran, without saying another word they sprinted of to their house.

As they ran up a road they saw two familiar boys, "Richie!" "Bill!" Ray and Layla yelled, their voices still horse from the previous events, "He-- woah what happened to you, Lay?" Richie asked the girl, "I'm fine, don't worry about me." Ray sat down on the side walk beside her sister. "S-So what hap-pened?" Bill asked concern plastered on both of their faces, "Henry and his side dicks. Turns out they didn't leave. And they wanted to have their first choking session of the summer." Layla answered playing with her fingers, "I-I'm gonna k-kill him." Bill balled his fists in anger, "It's okay, Bill. They're all at the station." Ray smiled at him this time receiving one back. "Hey. Where did Amber go?" Layla asked, "Eddie wanted to walk her home, so they went ahead, he's totally pussy whipped." Richie laughed earning weird looks from his friends, "We should probably go anyway." Ray told them truthfully, if they weren't home soon, they probably wouldn't make it out alive tomorrow. "Yeah. I have to p-plan anyway." Bill nodded, "Well, my house is right there." Richie pointed out, the guys helped the girls to their feet and they all went their separate ways. "See you tomorrow!" they all yelled once they were at opposite ends of each street.

Billie was walking back to his house repeating a sentence over and over again without stuttering, "H-He thrusts his fists against the post... He thrusts his fists against... p-p- shit!" he groaned when he couldn't get the word out, taking his bike up to the garage he saw his dad working, "Need some help? I-I..." his dad cut him off, "I thought we agreed." was all his father said, sighing he looked to the hamster tunnels he used as planning for the under ground ones, "Before you say anything--" Bill was cut off again, "Bill." "Just let me sh-show you something first." he picked up a toy soldier who was 'Georgie' dropping it into the pipe then used the hose water to resemble the underground water. They both watched as 'Georgie' was carried down the piped and came out falling into the Barren's pot, "The Barren's. I-I-It's the only place th-that Georgie could have ended up." Bill explained, "He's gone, Bill." "But if the storm swept G-G-Georgie in, we should have gone--" "He's gone! He's dead! He's dead! There is nothing we can do! Nothing! Now take this down before your mother sees it. Next time you wanna take something from my office... ask." Bill's dad told him taking the map of all the underground pipes in Derry down and then left without saying another word. Bill's head turned to the hamster which was hanging on the side of its cage and said, "I guess you get your tunnels back.

Amber lay on her bed, hugging her pillow and her heart pounding, she always had feelings for Eddie but she knew he would never like her back, although the two are amazing friends Amber knew they would be nothing more. The girls thoughts were cut off when she heard her window slide open ever so slightly, vague memories haunted her every so often of the day Henry pushed her out the window, and ever since she didn't touch the window or take her feet off the ground unless she had too. Sitting up on her bed she placed her feet on the floor, slowly making her way over to the window, letting out a shaky breath her hands pushed the window back down closing in and making sure it was locked before quickly walking to her door. But once again she was stopped mid run when the sliding of her window opening filled the silence of her room. Slowly turning around she saw her window fully unlocked and wide open. Taking small steps closer her arms reaching out ready to close it, when whispers from behind her grew louder and louder, she felt strong grips around her arms, shoulders, legs, waist, back and sides pushing her forward and closer to the window. Looking around she saw no one touching her, no one pushing her, no one talking. It was like someone had taken over her body but somehow she still had control. She was only steps away now, her heart rate picking up, her hands shaking and tears falling down her cheeks, "Stop! Please! Help, somebody help! Ray! Layla! Eddie! ED! Help! No! NO! Stop!" she screamed. "--ber. Amber! Amber!" her eyes shot open, "Did you hear them? They were pushing me?" she whispered, Amber's eyes darting between the two when she looked behind them in the mirror, she saw a clown, red and white, smiling at her, holding a red balloon, shakily holding her hand out she pointed to the mirror, Ray and Layla turned around but the clown vanished, "What? There's nothing there." Layla said, "I'm going crazy. I--" Amber shook her head sitting on her bed, "I think you just had a long day. Maybe go to sleep." Ray told her, "Can I sleep with you guys tonight?" Amber looked to the twins pleadingly, "What? With us? In the basement?" Ray asked, "In the dark?" Layla shivered at the thought, "With only one blanket?" Ray asked again, Amber nodded sheepishly only for the twins to smiled and nod, "Okay, then." Layla laughed still confused why Amber would choose sleeping on the floor than on the bed. But it didn't matter to them, they were best friends. Sisters. Nothing could stop that. Walking down stairs they past Beverly coming up the stairs, "Hey. Be careful. He's been drinking." she warned them, worry and fear clouded everyone's vision for the two brunettes. "It's okay. We got this. It won't last forever." Ray put her arm around Layla's shoulder. 

Stepping down the stairs all three of them fast walked to the door down to the basement, they were all so close until a body stumbled in front of them, "What was all that noise upstairs? What did you two do to my daughter?" Al asked, "N-Nothing." they both spoke. "Amber, darling, go to your room. I need to have a chat with these two and knock some sense into them." Al smiled at his daughter, "But I--" "Amber." "Yes, Pop." walking up the stairs she looked back catching Layla's eyes and she mouthed 'I'm sorry.' cause... she truly was.