Chapter 17

I just got braces, a bad bitch is in pain y'all 🥺

-

Niy POV

"What you doing today mama?" Jay asked me when our facetime call connected.

"Nun I was just cleaning up." I shrugged putting away my cleaning supplies.

(Is it just me or y'all love cleaning too? It be the fresh bathrooms for me)

"Well my Aunt Shannon having a cookout, she want us to slide." He said looking down at his lap. His ass always going somewhere.

"Oh um okay." I said making the yikes face. I knew his aunt was like his mother figure and the closest thing he had left of his dad and I didn't wanna mess that up.

"That cool wit you?" He asked me.

"Yea I just uh I'm nervous." I said going to my closet.

"Stuttering nd shit, but she'll like you ma I know she will."

"Okay I'm finna go get dressed call me when you outside."

"Bye toota." He said before hanging up, I blushed while turning off my phone. I loved how he had a soft spot for me and only me.

"MA!" I yelled out for my mom.

"Yes my child." She said walking into my room.

"Guess what ma." I said patting my bed.

"What bitch?" She asked walking to sit on my bed.

"Gir- Anyways, Jay want me to meet his Aunt." I said making the conceited face.

"Okay?" She said with confusion laced in her voice.

"That's like his mother figure Angelica come on now." I said calling her by her middle name.

"Oh shit- Not y'all meeting the parents. When my grand babies coming?"

"Bit-Girl anyways. What should I wear?" I asked walking to my closet.

"Something cute, but classy and timeless. Don't look like somebody grandma but don't look like you sell ya pussy for 2 dollars off 7th" She mumbled looking through my racks "THIS!" She yelled snatching a matching blue two piece outta my closet. It was cute fr, I be having clothes and forgetting ab em.

"Shoes Ms. Girl." I said taking the hanger.

(^shout out to my bestie she encouraged me to start writing)

"Hm." She said passing me a pair of black Tory Burch sandals.

"Get dressed I'm going to my closet to find a purse." She said walking out.

I hopped in the shower and shaved so I can be on point. I got out and did all my hygiene putting on a matching set. I grabbed my robe and started on some light makeup before my mom walked in.

"This one." She said holding up her black Tory Burch cross body. I chuckled cause sis had a purse for everything.

"Mkay I'll be down in a few." I said putting on perfume.

"Jay downstairs too hun." She informed before walking out.

"Could sworn I told him to call me." I mumbled while putting on my pants. I finished up getting ready and walked downstairs to see my parents and Jay laughing at the island. I smiled to myself, happy that he respected my family and home.

I was so deep in my thoughts I didn't even realize Jay stopped the conversation and was staring at me.

"I- If you don't like it I'll go change." I said about to turn around until he grabbed my arm.