Page 10 : Have always been there for you

She's sitting in the back of the car, silently watching the trees lined along the pavement passing them by. The car's speeding towards the hospital Akashi's held in, for it's the day master returns home.

He hasn't recovered completely, but he himself has said that he's not willing to spend another day within the walls of that pathetic hospital. Although it was one of the most expensive and exclusive places to undergo treatment.

"He's such a kid."  Aori thinks, frowning at the shifting scenery behind the car window.

"Mizuru," the driver snaps her out of trance, giving her a glare through his icy orbs. The man can't help but get under the wave of her negative emotions, he feels her raging inside, how she resents that she has to be there with Akashi.

He doesn't say a word. It would be completely unnecessary to say anything to her, she's been taught to understand silent commands; such as of her master. She's also learned to read expressions, particularly of maids and butlers, whose faces always reflect hatred and disgust.

The girl shifts in her seat, trying to lay her head on the backrest so that the driver can no longer see her face. But it's fruitless, she's literally disposed on the back of his hand, there's no way she can hide her vibes from him, and it bothers her, because it shouldn't be bothering her at all.

They arrive at the huge building and park the car outside. A few more cars belonging to the Akashi's scoot into the parking lots as Aori swings the door open and steps on the firm ground. A cold breeze runs over her face, mildly shaking her black strands of hair.

She turns to the driver and waits for further instructions. She doesn't want to go inside, but will she have to?

"Wait here." The man says to her, and she thanks the skies subconsciously.

She's more than certain that Seijuurou will be driven home in the spacious limo parked few lots away from the car that delivered her here, but she can't tell if Akashi's going to demand her being there with him. She feels shivers running all across her body, and so until the long minutes drain up and she sees her master being escorted out of the hospital.

She tries not to look in his direction, but once their eyes meet, she no longer has a right to avert them. She swallows the lump in her throat and watches the redhead being transferred from his wheelchair into the limo.

There are thick, blue bags under his eyes, a fresh bandage is wrapped securely around his forehead and multiple bruises and weals exposed on his skin. He looks terrifying, and so does the look in his eyes; they have become heavier, sharper. Aori's afraid that she might find him holding a knife against her throat at night.

Once the redhead's been sat inside the vehicle, Aori allows panic to ring inside her and cause her to fold in knees, she holds onto her mouth to prevent herself from screaming as her body shakes.

She feels a hand on her shoulder as she whips her head up. The driver's giving her a worried look, somehow it calms Aori down. She hasn't seen so much purity in one's eyes for a long time. He might be the only person who hasn't looked at her as at a ruthless monster. Tears start streaming down her face as she fights the urge to fall on her knees and thank the man for his kindness, although he has barely revealed any, to her, it was more than she could have asked for.

She knows she deserves the treatment she's getting, but she's just a child and wishes there was a compromise. She wants to return to the basic rules of the Akashi household; nobody touches Aori, everyone hates from the inside.

By the time they enter the driveway of the Akashi household, a downpour comes down and waters everything around. The man grabs an umbrella from the seat beside his own and climbs out of the vehicle. He opens the door to the back of the car and motions Aori to exit.

She's curled into a ball and refuses to hear him. Her eyes are squinted and hands are wrapped protectively around her waist.

"It'll be okay. Master risked his life to save yours." He reminds, unintentionally stabbing Aori in the chest yet again. The girl shivers and nuzzles closer to the seat.

"I can't leave you inside the car, come on." He offers her a hand, still holding the umbrella above his head.

"Leave her be." They hear a monotonous voice. It's so weak and so broken that it can barely be heard over the noisy rain.

Aori goes numb. Her eyes open widely and lips start to tremble. She sits up and slowly turns her head to the open door of the car. Seijuuro's there. Seated on his wheelchair that a bulky servant's pushing around.

The look on Seijuuro's face is surprisingly soft, there's no harm visible in his eyes. He sticks his hand out, staring Aori in her startled face.

She tries to force her voice out, but it's futile. She then shakes her head and crawls backwards, eventually hitting her back against the other door. Her trembling hands reach behind her back and try to reach the handle so she can exit the car.

"Aori," Seijuuro says sternly, growing impatient. His hand lowers a little for he's in no physical condition to move about freely.

"Akashi-sama.." She mutters, hanging her head low. "You'll catch a cold in this rain unless you go inside now, please.." A very common line that every maid has told him at least once. He furrows his eyebrows and reaches for her hand, pulling her out of the car.

His muscles stiffen and teeth grit from the ache that runs through his bones. "We're going in." He commands, and then the purple-eyed servant obediently leaves the vehicle.

Having returned home, Akashi looks for any changes inside the house, and finds it quite disappointing to have spotted none. He hates being bedridden as he as, and sometimes his butlers have to hold him down so he doesn't try to stand up and take a few steps independently.

Lying on his king-sized bed, he asks one of the servants to help him sit up. They put cushions behind his back and a fluffy pillow to support his neck. Akashi scans the room once again, and only then does he notice a difference.

"Where's Aori's gaming console?" He asks, and the men standing by the door flinch.

Once he receives no answer, he repeats in an infuriated tone, "Where is the gaming console Aori used to play?"

The black-haired gal was supposed to be staying in his room where he could keep an eye on her, but now that he's been absent for a month, he sees her only belongings gone. The servants that have been assigned to him apparently have no clue about Mizuru Aori, and thereby can't give him an answer.

Akashi sighs, adjusting his gaze to the wall in front of him. He thinks about how he's been holding a hand back in hospital. How warm it felt, and how familiar. He remembers opening his eyes to see his mother's face in strangely unsuitable for her colours. He remembers the soft scent of coconut that the woman's skin left on his palm.

"Aori," he mumbles under his breath, sweeping his thumb over the back of his fingers, as if to feel the softness of that hand on his own skin again. "Bring her here." He orders, and one of the men immediately leaves the room.

"I know you wanted to, so why didn't you go?" 

Authoress' note - guuuyz theres actually a reasn this ff is called aerial attack, ok? XD we will get 2 that eventually. pls rate this chapter if u liked, it has 1300 words, how did i even... im srry 4 my short chapters omg