☙Epilogue❧

Soft, pale fingers gracing silver hair.

Eyes crinkling with laughter.

The little girl wasn't that little anymore.

She wasn't little anymore, no, but that didn't mean that she was gone.

Sure... she had it rough for a while now, was being ignored and pushed away.

But today, she was being fully embraced, like she's supposed to.

She living and laughing and facing all these ups and downs life was throwing at her feet.

"You think everything's gonna go fine?" You asked.

"No," Jimin said beaming, "He's probably gonna hate me."

"Stop that!"You jabbed his side, "You aren't being really helpful!"

"I'm just saying, we shouldn't life in the illusion that your dad is gonna be all that friendly."

The fairy wasn't wrong, sadly.

"Hey, don't make such a face." Jimin leaned down, now directly facing you with a serious expression, "We know that not everything's gonna go fine, but after this evening everything will be settled. You can be reunited with your father again."

You felt a lump form in your throat at his words, arms wrapping instinctively around his chest.

You felt his hand coming up to softly stroke your head, "Shh, it's gonna be alright. I'm sorry if I'm always being too blunt."

"No, it's fine." You mumbled into the crook of his neck, "It's good that you're like that. Please don't change."

A soft chuckle chimed through your head and a finger poked underneath your chin, making you look up at the fairy.

"Hey Y/N..." His eyes were practically sparkling, fond smile tugging his lips upwards, "I love you."

"Love you too." You muttered, pressing closer against him.

Jimin giggled, "Thank you for being my new home."

✝︎❦❇︎