trois

★ 。\|/。★

𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗬 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗧

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖎𝖘:INTO THE LABYRINTH

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖎𝖘:
INTO THE LABYRINTH

★ 。/|\。★

THE NEXT MORNING, Belle gathered outside of Zeus' Fist with Katie, Connor, and Travis. It was bright and early. The Stoll brothers kept yawning while Katie fussed over what Belle had packed. It was a clear morning with a bright blue sky. While campers were having their usual activities, Belle would be traveling underground, not knowing what threats awaited her.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Katie asked worryingly.

Belle nodded. Her backpack was packed with everything she would need. It had two water bottles, some extra snacks, a canteen of nectar, a bag of ambrosia, a bedroll, another change of clothes, an extra pair of shoes just in case her Converse got destroyed, a flashlight with extra batteries, multiple hair ties, her tattered copy of To Kill a Mockingbird for reading, and packets of seeds just in case she needed to grow something on the spot. Sunflower was attached securely to the belt loops of her jeans.

Juniper and Grover stood apart from everybody else. The tree Nymph looked like she had been crying but was now keeping it together for Grover's sake. She was doing everything to keep her hands busy — which was straightening his Rasta cap and brushing fur off of his shirt. Chiron, Quintus, and Mrs. O'Leary gathered with the rest of the campers who came to wish them off. Charles Beckendorf and the Hephaestus Cabin were setting up defensive spikes and trenches since Chiron decided to guard the Labyrinth entrance at all times. Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson were talking quietly amongst themselves.

Katie still looked skeptical. "Are you absolutely positive?"

Belle sighed. "Yes, Katie. I've checked it over about five times."

Katie shook her head. "I'm just worried."

Travis put a hand on her shoulder. "She'll be fine, Katie. Belle's a strong girl who can take care of herself."

Belle readjusted the backpack on her shoulder. "Yeah, I'll be okay. Just . . . take care of yourselves while I'm down there, all right?"

Katie blinked. "You're going down into the world's most dangerous maze and you're telling us to take care of ourselves?"

Connor chuckled. "That's the Belle we know and love."

Chiron then trotted over. "Well, it appears you are ready!"