you're scared of the dark

You and Jisoo giggled along to the movie while you curled up on the couch, enjoying the warmth and comfort your cozy home provided from the storm still raging outside. You could hear the rain continuing to pour, but you didn't mind all that much when you were so content inside with Jisoo.

It's been raining for the entirety of the day today. Night had arrived just a couple of hours ago, raining all your original plans out. But you didn't mind spending the day inside; not when Jisoo was right by your side.

However, the comfort you had previously felt was ruined by the power going out. The lights that Jisoo had dimmed went out completely and the tv went black. The room was completely dark.

Your heart began to pound in your chest. You lifted your head from Jisoo's chest and tried to make things in the room out, but it was so dark that you couldn't. You instinctively grabbed onto Jisoo's arm. Beginning to feel a little panicky, you squeezed her arm unintentionally, causing her to wince slightly.

"Y/N?" She grabbed your hand from her arm and intertwined it with her own instead. She could hear your quick and unsteady breaths. "Are you alright?" She asked worriedly as she squeezed your hand comfortingly.

"N-No. I don't like the dark!" You confessed as you inhaled shakily and exhaled just the same. "The power will be back on soon, right?"

Even though she couldn't really see your face she could feel your eyes on her. She could almost picture the fear in them. It was a heartbreaking thought. But, she had a solution.

"I don't know. But no need to fear. I'm here and I have candles!" She said as she let your hand go to go grab them.

"Jisoo? Please don't go far." You pleaded. But, thankfully, by the time the words left your lips she had already found them and she was making her way back into the living room.

For a moment, it was uncomfortably quiet. It seemed like all you could hear was the fast beat of your heart thudding in your ears and your racing thoughts. But you found some relief just seconds later. Jisoo hummed as if she was trying to make some noise to reassure you that she was still there. Then, the room became bright as the candlelit up.

"There we go," she smiled when your eyes locked. She could almost see the relief washing over you! She lit a few others before blowing out the flame.

"Okay. How's that? Better?"

You didn't answer her verbally. When she sat back down beside you, all you could do was throw your arms around her and crawl onto her lap. Her beautiful, infectious giggle flowed through the room, bringing joy back to your heart. Her warm breath fanned against your ear before she kissed behind it lovingly.

"My hero!" You kissed her cheek then trailed your lips across her face, loving the happiness that followed and the sparkle in her eyes.

"I'd do anything for you." She said softly. "I don't know how long this outage will last, but you have absolutely nothing to be afraid of. Because I'll be right here the whole time and I won't leave your side."

Then, with a kiss to your lips, she was grabbing the blanket from the back of the couch and throwing it over you both as you laid your head back down on her chest and curled up as close to her as you could.

"Can you tell me a story? Or sing to me?"

There wasn't anything else to do, so she did both.

You didn't care that much anymore about how long the power would be out for; so long as you had Jisoo, you knew you were safe.