Chapter 15: Baby agreements (part 1)

Zoe's POV

Alex decided that he'd come over to my apartment to talk, his assistant sent me the message. Apparently he was too busy to talk to me himself.

I'm counting on tonight. I need to set a few rules straight with Alex. His days of being Mr Control freak were over.

To avoid any miscommunications, we've decided to have our lawyers present.

I figured a contract is the only thing that could keep him away, being a business man with a lot more to lose he'd probably obey the contract. My days of being his push over were over, this time I had the ball in my court.

I asked Fredrick to be my representative. He's my dad's lawyer and also a family friend. He has agreed to keep this discrete, not even my dad will know.

Before my meeting with Alex, I needed to get my head straight and some fresh air.

If this meeting goes well, all my problems would be solved. We could came to an agreement about the baby and maybe even the rental of the building to my cafe if he's feeling generous. Most importantly, he'd finally back off.

I bent and tied the shoelaces to my sneakers.

I planned on going for a walk then get something to eat.
There were a few local restaurants I hadn't tried, only two blocks away.

I opened the zipper to the pocket of my running pants and placed some money in it, I then closed the zipper.

I was dressed in my gym attire, maybe I'd take a jog to the restaurants (although I'm most likely to find a reason to avoid jogging).

I took my house keys off the hook on my way out then locked my front door.

I went down the elevator, out of the front gate and into the street.

I speed walked, my ponytail swinging behind me.
I breathed in the fresh air, my body relaxing.

I walked past another block then turned into another street on my left into a street full of restaurants and pubs.

I walked past a few few restaurants deciding on which one to try. I usually judged restaurants based on there appearance and sometimes even ratings, but then again I loved food from food trucks.

I finally stopped in front of a restaurant named D'Aria. It had a modern glimpse to it. There were a couple tables on it's porch and a well decorated garden filled with roses in the front of the building. A water fountain was situated in the center of the garden. The walls of the building were all made of glass giving a glimpse of the wooden tables inside the restaurant.

The restaurant most definitely served as an inspiration to remodel my cafe.

I walked into the restaurant, welcomed by the smell of strong coffee. Too bad I won't be drinking coffee in the next eight or so months.

I took a seat in a corner table.

I ran my hand across the menu,  (even the quality of the paper felt great against my skin). I opened the menu deciding on what to eat.

I was craving waffles but I could always make those at home. I wanted to try something new.

The pork belly banh mi caught my attention. I hadn't tried it before, plus it looked delicious in the picture.

"Can I help you ma'am?" A waitress asked. She was dressed in all black with an apron that read D'Aria in big bold letters. She also had a name tag on her shirt with the name Tracee written on it.