Suspicion

Lawrence's P.O.V

I can't focus on anything. It's been 5months and 11 days, yes, I've been counting.

She still hasn't woken up and I'm not sure how I feel but I can assure you, they aren't good feelings.

My greatest regret is that, I couldn't get a hold of the Rainers, most especially Vincent but I swear I will, no matter what it takes.

The doctors have told me to take her off life support as she's experiencing a lot of pain. I would've consented to them taking it off cause as I wouldn't want to cause her more pain.
The day the doctor told me this, I secluded myself away from everyone in order to think clearly.
I would literally lose my mind if she dies. I mean, I didn't even get to tell her how much I love her, I couldn't take good care of her, I put her in so much danger. Would I ever be able to move on?.

That same night, I dreamt about her ; Trina Trina! Wait please!". I shouted at the top of my lungs as I spotted her running towards the darker part of the tunnel.

"I can't stop Lawrence, I'm trying to stop going deeper but I still do". She said as she was still moving towards the darkness with me hot on her tail, but then she turned around and said.

"Don't let me go. I'm trying and I'll continue to try. I don't wanna die yet, please don't let them take me, please!". She said and I woke up in a pool of sweat and panting hard

I couldn't help but cry, I wanted her with me so bad but when I did, I couldn't even hold her or do all the things I've imagined that I'll do when she wakes.

Yes, I've turned into a big softie for her, and I'll do it all over again. I miss her more but than this just confirms that she doesn't want to be taken off life support.

I don't know what to call the dream I just had, I can't say she came to me or that I went to ask her, I'm not sure if I could call it a revelation or trance. All I know is that I'll do everything to keep her on life support for as long as it takes her to wake up.

"Boss". Someone called at my door and I asked the same question I've been asking to whoever knocks on my door for months.

"Have you found Vincent Rainer?". Unfortunately, he gave me the same reply everyone has been giving.

"No boss, but---". I didn't wanna hear anything else from anyone, except news if of my baby waking up.

"Leave". I replied cutting him off.

A few hours later, I left my room heading towards the library to get paperwork done but on my way, I saw two shadows one looking like my mom and the other a lil too far to recognise. I'm not a nosy person but since what happened to my Trina, I've been extremely careful as I've had suspicions.

I walked towards their direction but they weren't conversing in english as far as I heard, it sounded like spanish Great, I didn't know spanish at all but I heard a desperate por que" come from my mom and she continued with english.

"Why would you allow that, we need to be fast about this. Time is running out". She said with great urgency in her voice that I just had to speak up.

"Mom, what's so important?". I asked looking at her and before I glanced to the other person, he disappeared but not before I caught sight of a white coat. The kind that doctors wear.
Who could that have been? If I wanted to catch him, I would but I didn't as I didn't want my mom to think I suspected anything. I just played it off .

"I i-i I was just talking to my consultant about my health and there's a drug I'm supposed to take very soon for my blood pressure. I was telling him to be fast about it as I felt my blood pressure rise up". She said clearly knowing that I saw the coat. She's clever, well she's my mom she can't be dumb .

"Okay, I'll leave you to it. I have some paperwork to do". I replied and walked back to the the library.
I'll have to dig into what I saw but not now, I don't wanna raise suspicion on me.

I'll kill anyone responsible for the pain my baby is going through, she doesn't deserve any of this. All she did was live me even if I don't deserve it.
They'll never get away with it just like that.

I have suspected for a while that Vincent has an accomplice who is close to me because of all the information he had on me. He knew exactly where I and Trina was when we had not even gotten to the house and when we did l, he knew immediately. She earned me but I was consumed by how I felt about her living with me in my house.

My men are very disappointed in me, they believe I surrendered that I lost myself, but nah I've been doing my findings just me, my personal bodyguard, and Jace. Jace has told me that he thinks there's a snitch in my midst for a while now but being the egoistical p***k that I am, I believed that all my men feared me too much to snitch on me but never looked at the possibility of my family being the snitches. I'm still not jumping to conclusions as I still am not certain about anything yet.

A ringing sound went off and I was confused for a second before I found out that it was my phone, the screen displayed 'idiot' that's jace. I picked up and he was panting so hard, I was alarmed.

"What is it, why are you panting?". I asked, standing up but he was still tryna catch his breath.
"Answer me! What is it?". I yelled into the phone.

"Go to the hospital, the medical team wants to take her off the life support. They caught me eavesdropping but they didn't see my face". He said, and I relaxed running out of the room.

It's 8 months now, three months since I had that dream but she still hasn't woken up. There were times when I felt like giving up but then I remember they joy I felt with her, I remember the love I never had the chance, I remember her living with me despite knowing what happened was a possibility.

"I'll make them all pay baby. Watch me".

~=•~

Hello everyone, here I am again with yet another late chapter. I've been sick for some days now, tbh the amount of times I get sick in a year is alarming.

~ Thank you for staying with this book.

I appreciate every single one of you reading ❣️

My socials:

Instagram: deji_bolanle

Tiktok: deyji_bola

Youtube: Deji B