6│BOYS II MENSA

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʙᴏʏs ɪɪ ᴍᴇɴsᴀ ꒱

❝ OUR MARRIAGE VOWS HAVE
BEEN RENEWED ONCE MORE! 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ 

"I have graded your book reports from last Friday," Mr. Feeny said.

In a not too uncommon occurrence, Juliet's attention was focused on her two goofy best friends— most notably on Cory, who was wearing a bright red clown nose and making funny faces. The girl couldn't help but let a few giggles escape which caught their teacher's attention. He made his way over to the boy's desk. "Ah, Mr. Matthews," he began sternly. "Shall I express my usual disappointment or just ask you to guide my sleigh tonight?"

"Uh, wrong holiday, Mr. Feeny," Cory corrected him as he removed his fake nose. "See, Halloween's coming up and I'm just test-driving my clown nose."

"Then I insist you stay in the driver's seat. Keep that nose on all morning." He turned to the redhead sitting diagonally behind the boy and handed back her assignment. "Miss Capelwood, good work as usual. Mr. Minkus, excellent work as well. I particularly enjoyed your haiku on Captain Ahab's obsession with the white whale."

"The calm blue ocean. Sun lights up the monster's eye. He sees me. Whale food," Minkus recited.

"It works on so many levels."

The boy turned to the redhead behind him. "I was thinking of your ocean eyes, Juliet." He smiled. "I wouldn't mind being whale food for you."

Shawn snorted. "I don't think calling her a whale will help your case, brown-noser."

Minkus' eyes widened slightly at the realization before he shot back "troglodyte," and turned around, abashed.

"Mr. Lewis, very good work. Mr. Matthews, not one of your better efforts. Mr. Hunter," Mr. Feeny continued to hand back the papers.

"Hey, that isn't fair!" Cory protested. "Rick and I both got Cs. How come you tell him he did good work but you tell me it wasn't one of my better efforts?"

Juliet sighed and slumped slightly, rolling her eyes as Cory approached their teacher. As much as he was her best friend, his dramatics sometimes tired her.

🌎🌎🌎

Juliet and Shawn were waiting outside of Mr. Feeny's classroom as the boy had just finished detention (and listening to the redhead nag him for it) while the girl had nothing else to do with her two friends preoccupied. Juliet was just separating the tops of her Oreo snack for Shawn when Cory finally came out of the classroom. 

"You waited for me?" he asked with surprise.

"Are we not your best friends?" the dark-haired boy responded.

"You had detention, didn't you?"

"Oh yeah, Ms. Engles nailed me."

"In art!" Juliet exclaimed, exasperated.

Shawn chucked his empty juice container towards the trash only to miss. "That's what makes me one of the greats," he said with a cheeky smile.

The redhead sighed and handed him all but one top of her cookies. Without access to a knife, she invented her own method of separating the icing by breaking one of the cookies in half and scraping the flat edge across the white icing. It worked well enough.