8│TEACHER'S BET

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀ's ʙᴇᴛ ꒱

❝ NOW I'M REALLY GONNA
KNOCK YOUR HEAD OFF 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Hey Cor," Juliet greeted her best friend.

"We brought you an article on Barry Bonds," Shawn added as he hopped up on to the cafeteria table.

"Ah, the forty-three million dollar man," Cory said. He flicked the magazine open.

"Why do they call him that?" Surprisingly, Minkus was leaning over to look at the article with them.

"Because that's what he's getting paid to play baseball for six years. I don't really get it," Juliet explained.

"Seven-point-one-six million dollars a year?" Minkus echoed with wide eyes.

"If that's what it comes out to, yeah."

"He happens to be one of the top guys in baseball," Cory said.

"Well, I happen to think that Mr. Feeny is one of the top guys in teaching and he only makes forty thousand a year."

"That stinks," Shawn said and Juliet nodded in agreement.

"Finally, something we can agree on," Minkus said.

"Yeah."

"Feeny ain't worth that kind of money." Juliet frowned at the dark-haired boy as she'd thought he would say something else.

"He has to teach you guys all day," Juliet said. "That's worth at least forty thousand. Each."

"I never doubted your brilliance for a second, my sweet," Minkus replied. He sent an adoring gaze the redhead's way.

Juliet grimaced at the nickname while Shawn jumped off the table to tower over the boy. "Watch it, Minki."

Undeterred, he carried on: "you thought I meant that Mr. Feeny was overpaid? I meant that he is grossly and tragically underpaid."

"Minkus, Jules, does spelling ever change? No. Does History ever change? Uh-uh. Does Feeny ever change? Never. Know why? He doesn't have to. Know why? 'Cause teaching the sixth grade never changes."

"That's not true," Juliet protested. "He gets different students every year that he has to adapt to."

"Wonderful point, my Juliet," Minkus agreed with a smile before he turned to Cory. "I think you're wrong."

"Well, I think I'm right."

"When has that ever resulted in being true?" Juliet asked, causing Shawn to laugh. "Shall I mention a few instances?"

Cory glared at her. "It doesn't happen that often. Besides, I think that in about five seconds, Feeny walks in, takes a sip from the drinking fountain, flicks his mustache, goes to the coffee machine, sees me and says 'good morning Mr. Matthews, I trust you've done your homework.' Every day, it's the same thing. He's so predictable."

As it turns out, Cory was right (this one time.)

🌎🌎🌎

"This week in Social Studies we'll be talking about prejudice," Mr. Feeny said as he erased the board.

"Good, 'cause I'm prejudiced against the scrungy food in the cafeteria," Cory commented. Juliet rolled her eyes while the class laughed. She swore one day that she was going to go blind from doing the action so much.