14│THE B-TEAM OF LIFE

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ʙ-ᴛᴇᴀᴍ ᴏғ ʟɪғᴇ ꒱

❝ YOU'RE CUTE WHEN
YOU'RE CLUELESS ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"There it is, the list," Cory said as he stood with Shawn and Juliet in the hallway. The new basketball roster had just been put up and the boys were eagerly waiting to see the results. "Who made the first string, who made the second string and who didn't even make the basketball team," he continued.

"Me!" Juliet said happily as she raised her hand.

Shawn rolled his eyes and gently lowered it. "That's 'cause you didn't even try out, Julie."

"That still means I didn't make it," she replied with a grin.

"What d'you think is worse: second string or not making the team?" Shawn asked as he leaned against the wall.

"Second string," Cory answered. "What d'you think is worse? Second string or falling out of an airplane and landing on the Empire State Building?" 

The girl rolled her eyes. "You're being a bit dramatic, no? I'd rather not make the second string so there's no potential threat of me playing."

Shawn sighed. "We've failed you on so many levels," he said in mock disappointment. "You've been our best friend and my wife for years and we've never converted you to sports."

"Sucks to be you, I guess," the redhead teased him.

"It sucks to be the guy on the second string," Cory agreed. "It's not something any of us have to worry about, however. We're not second-string, bench-warming B-team guys."

"I made the B-team!" Minkus interrupted them excitedly. "I made the B-team! Can you believe it? Wait 'til I tell my father!" He ran off and Juliet gave the boy an amused smile.

Noticing the look, Shawn straightened and pushed off the wall, moving to look at the list. "Hunter, Shawn: A-team." He grinned. "Surpriserama! Aren't you proud of me, Julie?"

The redhead rolled her eyes. "I had zero doubts, Shawnie."

He beamed happily at her as Cory went up to the list. "Matthews, Cory: A-team." He looked back at the list. "Wait a minute— they spelled A with B!"

Juliet sighed as Shawn said, "doof, you're reading the wrong line."

She examined the list with them. "Matthews, B-team. Nope, it's right."

"C'mon, guys. It's got to be a typo."

"It's handwritten! I'm on the B-team, second string. Just drop me on the Empire State Building," he opened his right eye and imitated falling down.

"Aw, so what?" Shawn asked, grabbing the basketball.

"It's fine, Cor," Juliet added. "You're being over dramatic. It doesn't change anything."

She felt Shawn grab her hand and tug her away from the boy. "I mean, it's not like you're gonna lose your friends," he added.

As the two made their escape, Juliet gave her best friend a little glare. "That was mean."

"It's only a joke, Julie. 'Course we're still friends. You said it yourself: he was being overdramatic."

She huffed. "Still doesn't mean we should abandon him."