18│IT'S A WONDERFUL NIGHT

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ɪᴛ's ᴀ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀғᴜʟ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ꒱

❝ BEST. NIGHT. EVER! ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Tonight is going to be the best night of our lives," Shawn announced as the three of them met at school that morning. He pushed himself up onto the cafeteria table next to Cory while Juliet remained standing and leaned against his legs.

"Mom and dad gone," Cory said.

"Your brother, date," Shawn added.

"And who's left in charge?" Juliet asked.

"Judy, Queen of Zits!" Shawn laughed as he and Cory high-fived.

"We'll tell her she's looking especially broken out this evening."

"So she'll spend all night in the bathroom squeezing her face," Cory finished.

"I dunno guys, this seems too good to be true," Juliet said. "Our plans usually don't work."

Shawn threw an arm around the girl. "You wanna know why this one will?"

"Why?"

"'Cause it's foolproof. Absolutely nothing will go wrong."

"And you've probably just jinxed it," the redhead sighed.

"Shush, Jules," the curly-haired boy told her. "Can't you just go along with the plan for once?"

"Yeah," Shawn added. "All this alone time will let us watch." He pulled out a purple box.

"'Barney Salutes the Alphabet?'" Cory read.

"That's just the box," came the hasty explanation. "It's parent camouflage. Outside, happy purple sock. Inside, the guts are flying." He pulled out the tape.

"Whoa!" Cory exclaimed. "'I'm Blowing Up Your Head Part Six: Stumpy's Revenge.'"

"Uh—" Juliet started.

"I thought Stumpy died in Part Five," Cory interrupted her.

"Well, that's why he wants revenge," Shawn pointed out. "Don't worry, Julie. You don't have to watch any of it. I'll keep you safe."

The redhead relaxed slightly, although she had her doubts about Shawn's ability to "keep her safe." "Thanks, Shawnie."

🌎🌎🌎

"Yes, I would love another cup of tea, and would you like to try my new floppy hat?" Morgan's innocent voice sounded over the noise of the TV.

Juliet twisted around to see Mr. Feeny dressed in fake jewelry having a very disgruntled tea party with Cory's little sister, causing her to smile at their normally serious teacher. Shawn and Cory's plan, of course, had already backfired slightly when Judy cancelled, causing the older man to be left in charge.

"No, Morgan; now here I must draw the line. I will not put on your floppy hat," Mr. Feeny said.

"Aw, Mr. Feeny, don't be mean," Juliet told her teacher. "It's only a hat."

The older man rolled his eyes slightly in exasperation and gave Morgan's pouty look a stern one in return. "Now that's not going to work. We had an agreement: I was to get dressed up and come to your tea party and then you were to leave me in complete peace so that I could grade my papers. Now I have upheld my part of the bargain. I have festooned myself in costume jewelry, I have swilled your faux-tea and now I insist that you keep your end of the bargain!"