19│KID GLOVES

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴋɪᴅ ɢʟᴏᴠᴇs ꒱

❝ JULIETYOU'RE BEAUTIFUL ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"The following is a list of exciting extracurricular activities offered to you, the student, by your Philadelphia Board of Education," Mr. Feeny announced as he read off a piece of paper. "Each student shall select on exciting activity. Vocabulary Club—"

"Too exciting," Shawn said sarcastically.

"Mr. Matthews, please," their teacher replied exasperatedly, not even looking up.

"It wasn't me, it was Shawn."

"Same thing. Debate Team, S.C.U.B.A. Club, Upholstery Squad." He continued to list off the organizations.

"S.C.U.B.A. Club?" Cory asked with interest. "Underwater adventure? I'm in!"

"Me too," Shawn agreed excitedly.

Juliet gave them a curious look. "This is the most invested you've ever been in a school activity," she observed.

"Well I, for one, plan to stimulate my intellect and will therefore choose between the Vocabulary Club and the Debate Team," Minkus commented.

"I would enjoy communing with the creatures of the sea. I choose S.C.U.B.A.," Topanga decided.

Well, since Cory and Shawn were doing it and she'd probably have to save them from doing something stupid. Juliet nodded as well. "I'm in, too."

"Slap me in a wetsuit and throw me overboard," Minkus changed his answer immediately as he turned to look at the redhead hopefully. Shawn grumbled under his breath and crumpled a piece of paper into a ball to throw it at the boy's head. Dutifully, Minkus let out a dull "ow" as he always did.

Mr. Feeny ignored them and walked around the class. "Can anyone tell me what the acronym S.C.U.B.A. is? Mr. Matthews?"

"Duba? Scuba Duba," the boy guessed.

"Mr. Matthews, I have obviously failed you on so many levels," Mr. Feeny sighed. "An acronym is a pronounceable formation made by a combination of letters."

"I told you," Cory said to Shawn.

"Now, can anyone tell me what S.C.U.B.A. stands for? Come on, someone take a stab at it." Mr. Feeny stopped at Shawn's desk. "Mr. Hunter, you haven't spoken since the fourth grade. S-C-U-B-A," he spelled out.

"Something's. . . Creepy. . . Under. . . Boat. . ." He paused. "Andy."

"Mr. Matthews was closer with duba," Mr. Feeny said. "Very well, take it away Mr. Minkus."

"No," the boy replied without looking up.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I don't want to know everything. I want to fit in. I want to be one of the normal, stupid guys," Minkus explained. "I'm going with duba."

The redhead couldn't help but smile at what (who) qualified for 'normal, stupid guys' in Minkus' book.

"Miss Capelwood save me, please."

"Uh," the redhead hesitated, not wanting to sound like Minkus but also not wanting to seem like a 'normal, stupid guy.' She sighed. "Self-contained underwater breathing apparatus."

"Thank you," he said, relieved.

She slumped in her seat. "I hate myself."

Cory coughed "nerd" under his breath. Shawn shot him an irritated look. "Well I, for one, am glad that my wife is smart," he announced pointedly.