𝖨𝖨: Crushes, Gossip, and Glowsticks

act one, chapter two: crushes, gossip, and glowsticks

      QUINN ABSOLUTELY HATES, DESPISES, AND LOATHES THE WAY SHE'S the most boring person she's ever known.

      Not that she cares if others think the same.

     Besides reading what Vivian would call, 'books by lonely dead women that probably stared at walls for fun', starring in her one-person indie rock band, and being one of the only female Ravenclaw Quidditch players currently at Hogwarts, Quinn has not acquired any other hobbies or pastimes worthy of mentioning. Sure, she has friends, even if it's only her step-sister and her one best friend, and she does other things to kill time. She advocates for Magical Creature rights, she likes baking (gasp! but do not ever mention it to her face!) and though you'll never hear it from her, she quite enjoys her History of Magic class (even if the teacher was a ghost with a droning voice like that of a vacuum cleaner).

     Oh, and she loves flipping people off of course (she truly does not know where she would be in life without doing it). But most especially, her full-time job includes the meticulous task of cussing out and slandering people who could not mind their own damn business!

It's no lie that Quinn likes to say things; most of which are considered bad, offensive or disreputable. It's not her fault though. It seems said 'vulgar' words flow out of her mouth as smooth as a steady faucet spewed water, whether or not she's angry, vexed, or just plainly speaking. Her father tells her that her misanthropic, unprincipled dialogues would get her in serious trouble one day. She's yet to see it for herself, so until the day Flitwick finally gathers up the courage to give her a real punishment, she'd freely express her personality the way she wants to.

But even as a mere thirteen year old, she was claimed to have had the mouth of a sailor-- it was third year when Quinn had developed a crush (a word she's more than embarrassed about, who even uses it anymore?) on none other than Angelina Johnson in her year from Gryffindor house. It was silly, something Quinn looks back at and refrains from throwing a shoe as a response to. It was a mere 'She's pretty. I'd definitely date her,' to Vivian, who had accidentally uttered it to Victoria, who had accidentally mentioned it to Harriet Briar, a terrible gossip according to everyone in their class, and all of a sudden the school was stocked full of rumors, gossips, and some not-so-friendly words towards it.