(9) Jealously Is a Disease

"The Durreal family"

As we walked in the grand hall when they called our name it was silent, Erza was in the middle with me and Xaviar by his side. I'm guessing they fear Erza a lot.

"She's still alive??"

Orrr maybe they are shocked that I'm still alive.

To be honest I'm shocked myself, I've survived this long with a crazy devil I should get a medal.

But...at the same time he's not as bad as he was described in the book....maybe they were being dramatic.

I wonder why he's so different from the book him.

"Hello Mages" a voice said.

We all turned to see a man with a big crown on his head, smiling at us.

I'm guessing that's the king.

Next to him is...his wife...? Oh and my baby! The crown prince.

I wasn't expecting him to see this early....he's so cute in his child form.

"Your majesty" me and Xaviar greeted bowing but Erza just gave a Kurt nod.

"Come on....have a seat..." he said gestering towards the table....I'm guessing that's where the high nobles seat.

I went over and sat next to Erza and Xaviar sat next to me.

I gawked at the food....it looked so luxurious and yummy. I love food so much-

Xaviar kicked me in the shin and I jumped up.

You little brat!!!

"Sorry your majesty, you were saying?" I asked plastering on a smile.

"Hahaha, I was just asking how you managed to teach Xaviar different ways to solve multiplication with your....lack of education."

I was tempted to ask how that concerns them but I didn't want him to slice off my head.

"I am self taught" I said smiling. I mean if I told them I actually come from a different world in the future they'll probably send me to an asylum....do they even have that here?

"Still it's good to get proper education...Mage, the crown prince is taught by the greatest professor in the land, we could help-"

"No" Erza said interrupting her, "Cara is good at tutoring him...he's advancing so much"

I swear when Erza said that the crown princes eyes flashed with jealously...I might be wrong though I doubt he would do that.

"Hmm, interesting" the king said staring at me.

Almost the whole royal family was staring at me, except for the crown prince, who was glaring at Xaviar who was calmly eating.

There was a heavy silence at the table, the only sounds that could be heard was the chatter and music of the other nobles.

"Anyways this party isn't about me...it's about the hunting competition " he said.

I think I remeber this....but the hunting competition was when Xaviar and the crown prince were of age, that's the part where Xaviar kidnaps Eliza

But they aren't of age, so I'm still in the prologue...I'm guessing this wasn't an important event so it wasn't mentioned.

"What about it?" Erza asked sipping his wine.

"You still don't have a full team, you need three people on a team, you haven't forgotten right?"

"Of course not...and I have my team right here.." he said looking at me and Xaviar....wait me!?

I know I've improved on the sword but I don't know how to ride a horse or use archery!

"A noble lady is going to participate?...this should be interesting " her majesty said smirking.

I hate this royal family, excluding the crown prince.

"Anyways Shouldn't we let the men talk? Come on duchess, crown mage, and crown prince, we can take a stroll in the royal garden"

Me and Xaviar quietly followed along, and the crown prince next to my other side.

Awe he's so adorable.

As we followed behind the queen I took a quick look at the crown prince, it's so weird to see my favorite character in person now.

"So duchess...or Charlotte...can I call you aunt Charlotte?"

Omg omg omg omg.

His big doe silver eyes stared at me with so much hope it's so cute.

"Y-Yes you can crown prince!" I said smiling at him.

I heard Xaviar scoff but I just rolled my eyes ignoring him.

"I was really surprised when the crown mage said you taught him a different way to do multiplication, where did you learn it?"

"Ah, well when I um dropped out of school I started experimenting with the multiplication tables......"

"Wow! Aunty Charlotte is so smart!"

My heart.....

I just pinched his cheeks and smiled.

"Duchess, maybe one time you can teach the crown prince-"

"Sorry she already has her hands full with me, her brain can't multitask two children."

Silence.....

Okay then....
"Oh...well then that's okay...ahaha." Her majesty said smiling.

"Aunt Charlotte...can I hold your hand?"

"Sure crown-"

Before I could finish Xaviar took my hand and pulled me closer to him, before squeezing in between the prince and I.

Okay what is his problem!?

"Sorry shes preoccupied with me...how about asking your own mother?" Xaviar said glaring at him.

Is Xaviar...Jealous?

"I-I just wanted to see her soul, to see what power she has...."

Ah, I forgot the prince has this ability, he can check someone's soul and see if they have magic ability and what level they are at.

That's how he met Eliza...when Xaviar brung her to the crown prince so he could find out her magic power that's when they met.

"Come on Xaviar it'll be quick..."I said pulling my hand away from his and putting it in the princes hand.

The prince closed his eyes and breathed slowly, putting his concentration fully on my hand.

"Eh? It's not working...?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Um, I can't see your soul? Maybe I did something wrong....."

"What happened?" A voice boomed out.

I turned my head to see Erza walking toward us with the king behind him.
(Edited)