Chapter 5

I watch in shock as my friend rips apart the beast that ripped apart my parents. Sparky is much bigger than the beast, and using that to her advantage, she puts all her weight on top of it. She digs her claws into it, causing it to howl in pain. This gives her all she needs to bite down on the beast's thoat, killing it.

Looking at my first friend through blurry eyes, I see her come closer. Knowing she won't hurt me, I try to move closer, only to find that my limbs feel too heavy to move. I look to Sparky in panic, only to see she is no longer there.

My eyes slowly start to drift closed, me worrying about my friend. The last thing I feel are arms unbuckling my seat belt before wrapping around me comfortingly, sparks igniting at every touch.

Rowan's POV

Watching my mate in the ice cream shop made me feel at peace. She kept looking back at me, while her parents glared. I couldn't take my eyes off her and they must've noticed. How could I not take my eyes off her? She was stunning.

Her blonde hair fell down to her shoulder, her hazel eyes gleaming with an indescribable emotion as she stared at me.

It all ended too soon, without me getting to talk to her. I get up to follow her in wolf form to make sure she gets home safely when I hear a scream that could only be my mate's. I run straight to the shelter of the trees and shift, probably ruining my favorite leather jacket. I didn't care, as long as my mate was safe.

Smelling Sophia's blood, I push myself to go faster. Reaching her, I notice their car is totaled, and the smell of blood is pungent. Her parents are ripped to shreds, and the way the rogue was looking at my mate, she was next.

Without thinking twice, I jump onto the medium sized rogue and dig my claws into him. He lets out a pain filled howl, me not caring in the slightest. I end him quickly, before turning back to my bloody mate.

Sophia is covered in blood, but most of it seems to be her parents'. I walk closer to her before shifting back, not caring if she saw who I was. I just needed her to be safe. Opening the car door, I quickly unbuckle her limp body before picking her up and holding her close.

The sparks ignite all along my arms where I am holding her, and I just hope they comfort her during this time because I can't imagine what she just went through.